Pick up WiFi at school?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ckyhl, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Ckyhl

Ckyhl New Member

Hi my school has wireless internet for all the computers in the school but it has a block so that WiFi cannot be picked up on any outside computers. I know how to get past it on my laptop but does anyone know how I could do that on my Ipod Touch? Thanks, C
  2. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Idk, mine is the same way. I need to find out the password.
  3. Ckyhl

Ckyhl New Member

Thats not the problem for me because I cant pick up any WiFi at the school although I know there is WiFi. It would be awesome if there was a way to get past the firewall they have set up......?
  4. kridix

kridix Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know it sucks so bad. But my school is talking about making so that you can bring outside computers etc to access the wifi.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Hmm... is the network invisible to non-school computers, or is it visible, but you can't connect to it (because it uses MAC filtering)?

If it's just invisible, you could just guess the name of the network, or find it out by hovering over the wireless icon on the status bar of a connected computer.
  6. Ckyhl

Ckyhl New Member

Awesome thank you. I will give it try on monday.
  7. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I can see the network on my touch and connect but when I load safari it says "server not found" so I think it uses MAC filtering. Is there anyway of getting pass that?
  8. hifive1000

hifive1000 New Member

You know thats wicked... I use WiFi connection at school everyday

Please Register or Log in to view images

Especially wikipedia
  9. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes if you got to tuaw.com and search their blog Erica made a utility for the iPhone/Ipod TOuch that can spoof your MAC address. Someone on this site also made a bianry that works with Term-vt100 that lets you spoof it. Then all you need is to find a school PC that is connected VIA wifi. Go into the the comand prompt of the PC. (Start/Run/CMD) And type "ipconfig /all". THis will show the computers MAC address. It looks like XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX were the X's are a hexedecimal digit. If you use that MAC address as yours on the iPod then it should let you on.

The problem is using the Term-vt100 or Erica's MACaddy app on 1.1.3 requires your SpringBoard permissions to be set to 6755. So this makes summerboard inactive and dissabled. The mac address also resets to the iPods if you restart the iPod.

I have gotten this to work and let me on my schools network so PM me if you have any additional questions.