Physical Issue: What do you think this is?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Goldcoin, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Goldcoin

Goldcoin New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    So Im tryin to figure out what exactly is damaged on my iPod Touch 2G. It quit working when I sprayed Windex on the glass and it seeped under. I actually watched as the cleaning solution made it's way up the inside of the glass. I fell asleep hoping the iPod would dry out on it's own. However it did not. When I tried turning it on that morning it would not work. I placed the device that day into a bowl of rice, later taking the glass off, hoping to dry up any moisture. A week later it still wouldn't work. However I now have received some tools allowing me to take the the screen (the screen - not glass digitizer) and other parts out. While taking the screen out, I noticed it looked as if a liquid was underneath it:

Do you believe This is Windex damage (and therefore the key to fixing my iPod is simply screen replacement) or might this be just damage I did when I took the screen out?

Also if anybody has a link to a good video or diagram explaining the internal parts of an iTouch, I'd love to see one.