PHP/SQL Repo

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Gaming Warrior, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Gaming Warrior

Gaming Warrior New Member

Hey guys,
    I have just started my first iPod Touch project but i don't get my ipod till x-mas so I'm look for someone that can test it over the next few days.

Whats the project?
    The project is a Repo that pulls the repo information for each application from sql table using PHP. I also plan to include a form which will let you enter the information to a new application add it to the sql and also give you the option to upload on to your own server(I personally try to avoid leeching unless its requested that the files aren't uploaded else where). I will also include an admin penal where you can edit/delete entries.

When will it be Released
    This project should hopefully be complete by the end of next month but i make no promises.

So if anyone is interested in helping out over the next few days with testing let me know. You will also have access to the latest build while its still in beta if you wish.
    1 person likes this.
  2. axelis6

axelis6 New Member

3. Gaming Warrior

PM sent
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Here is a quick mock of what the admin penal *may* look like.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Simple but effective. I also may remove the donate link as i see it being a waste of space.
  4. Gaming Warrior

I have successfully coded a php file which can be added to Installer which changes data stored in SQL to a list of apps in installer.
    I have about 1/4 finished the admin section and should be out not to long after new year if all goes to plan.
  5. jungzandvliet

jungzandvliet New Member

I'll could test to. xD if you want. I'll would love to

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Gaming Warrior

Ok, anyone wanting to test/help out please add me to msn(brock_-_05[at]hotmail[dot]com)
  7. homeruntilly

homeruntilly New Member

i'll help testing it.
  8. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but you might want to be aware that H3X and I are already working on a universal repo using PHP and SQL that anyone can edit and add apps and information to. Not a whole lot is done yet as the project was started just a couple of weeks ago and the holidays have left little time for coding, but things are picking up again.

Yours might be a little further along though. (I'm just learning both PHP and SQL so obviously it's a little slower going anyway) It would be kind of useless having two user-editable repos around, so maybe we can all sort of help out somehow? I'll have to talk to H3X about it, but who knows...
  9. homeruntilly

homeruntilly New Member

well, what's wrong with having two? I mean, thats like Bill Gates saying to Steve Jobs "Oh, i'm already making an operating system, you don't need to make one." (Or steve saying to bill)
  10. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Our original idea was to create a repo that essentially would be a replacement for all the other repos, so you could just eventually use one source to get any software. No need for a dozen or two different repos when everything you could possibly want is stored on one. Developers, skinners, level designers, whomever can add their own stuff to the repo so they wouldn't need to use their own bandwidth. Downed servers wouldn't be a problem because there's just one server to connect to, so updates in Installer would be quick. Having two would just be kind of confusing and a little pointless.