php doesn't install?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by herve5, Jan 11, 2008.

1. herve5

herve5 New Member

On my iTouch v1.2, where I already installed dozens of other packages (including Apache), the PHP install doesn't go up to the end: download is OK, but then installation seems instant, there is no "cleaning up" phase, the iTouch doesn't lock in the end, and in fact when I look again in installer.app installable packages PHP is still there (and nowhere in the "uninstall" section).

My interpretation is that there is a problem during this very precise installation process here.

I suspected a lack of room on the touch (would this be explicitly stated?): I removed a big wedict dictionary, restarted the touch, retried: no way. I can install other packages, but not the php one.

What can I do?
    is there some place where I could get php manually? (I fear there are lots of libraries?)

TIA!
  2. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    if you suspect it's a space problem, then move the apps directory to another location and create a symlink to it. i heard that an app called bosstool could do this for you using the ipod touch's interface, but i'm not sure. i did mine manually by using putty and ssh'ing in.

i have php installed. but i have no idea how you can change the settings. there's no php.ini file that i can find, despite the php_info.php file saying that it's there.
  3. theagent

theagent New Member

I'm certain that you're out of application space. use the method that's stickied to remove the application space limit and try again.