Photoshop Webpage Header

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by virtualone, Mar 27, 2008.

1. virtualone

virtualone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hi,

I'm trying to make a custom header for a blog of mine to replace the simple text that goes with blogger. It is about 2 inches high and about 8 and a half inches wide on photoshop. What I want to do in photoshop is take a layer of text be transparent-just the text so that it shows through what is underneath. So say there was like a black background with white text, instead of having the text be white I want it to show a layer underneath which has a brushed graphics design.

My problem is that when I change the opacity on the text layer it shows the brush graphics design underneath but i want the graphics to only show up where the text was and have a black background.

This may be kind of hard to follow but ask if there is anything you need clarified.
    Thanks
  2. DCpwner

DCpwner Guest

all you have to do is make the background black
    then write the text over the black background, then create a new layer (ctrl+shift+n, click ok when prompt box comes up) and brush on that layer.
    Then create a clipping mask (ctrl+alt+g with brushing layer selected) and that will make it only visible on the text area.
    Now you can lower the text's opacity, or the brushed backgrounds opacity, whichever suits your needs best
    Hope this helps.
  3. virtualone

virtualone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Oh sweet it worked thanks.
  4. DCpwner

DCpwner Guest

yeah no problem, hit me up if u ever have more questions