Photoshop CS5 impressions

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by Meikura, May 7, 2010.

1. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, I've just booted up my trial of Photoshop CS5.
    Ugh, anyone else think it's crap in comparison to CS4?

Performance wise, it's fantastic. 64 bit? Yes please. Processing RAW is also much better, and my photos seem a little bit sharper.

However, multi-touch gestures are back, and I can't find a way to disable them. I accidentally swipe on my trackpad, and my picture's suddenly at a 30 degree angle. The solution posted on Adobe... doesn't work. Neither does the solution I had for CS4.

Also, when using two-finger scroll to pan around my image, it's blocky. Instead of it smoothly panning around my photo like in CS4, it moves in what looks like 5px increments. It's not too bad when I'm zoomed out, but when I'm looking at a 4000x3000px RAW photo I've just taken, I need to repeatedly keep swiping over and over to actually move it anywhere, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm going to get in contact with Adobe, and see if there's any solutions. If not, I'm just going to stick with CS4, and not bother upgrading. Oh and a side note: content aware fill isn't actually as good as it's made out to be. It's really not.

Your opinions?
  2. Calhoun

Calhoun New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i've been playing with content aware fill for the past couple hours; it's not a masterful miracle machine but it is very cool

like so:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

i don't have a mac so i've no multitouch issues, and i haven't noticed anything i dislike yet, only a few new things i like (mini bridge seems like it could be useful)
  3. The7thWitness

The7thWitness New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its really, really over hyped imo. Not as good as people were first lead to believe. I couldnt remove simple things like trees that had branches that covered part of a building, without things going wrong.
  4. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think it would take some time getting used to the new program. I can't get the 3D to work with text because it says my graphics card can't handle it. Dumb.
  5. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've found the content aware fill is useless if you're working with a smaller image. As for the puppet warp thing, I haven't found a decent use for it yet
  6. SpoonIsTooBig

SpoonIsTooBig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    wheres the puppet warp? i mean what button do i click on
  7. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Its in the edit menu up at the top. Its probably the same on a mac, but I've never used it on one so I can't be sure.
  8. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I do love the healing tool now, though.
  9. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Where is content aware fill located?
  10. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member