Photoshop CS3 (PLEASE)

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by The Crow, May 25, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I am trying to work with CS3 and having some difficulties when it comes to finding a good beginners step by step or vid. on how to create icons, similar to iPhone/iPod icons. I want the clean/glossy icons. I see many members on here that have great themes and I don't know if most of them borrow the icons from someone or somewhere, but they are very nice and clean/smooth. So anybody who is very familiar with CS3 and can explain in a very detailed tutorial on PS-CS3 for beginners, that would be greatly appreciated. Don't get me wrong, I have looked all over Google/YouTube for this and none are detailed enough for beginners and also how do you create transfer or import an image into a new piece you have started at 320x480?

Thanks
  2. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    this should help with icon making. it takes time. as for the thing at the end im not sure i understand....
  3. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ill whip you up something, just a clean and simple base right? As for the last part, do you mean open the photo, or drawing, or whatever it is up and be able to draw and use affects on it? If you do then you just go to file<open then select the file.

Here's link: http://uppit.com/v/87YRX59P (sorry if im not allowed to post)
    Please read the readme
  4. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks for those replies but they really don't help much (sorry), but I guess I will just learn on my own and learn about what each tool does. I followed some YouTube vids. on how to create icons and even exact iPhone/iPod icons, but when I get to where you download sample images from Photoshop shared images. Then I drag them into the icon, but I can't seem to color the image I just dragged into the icon. I don't understand, if only one of you who use CS3 can send me a tutorial you learned from that would be great. I know you were all new to the CS3 program too or even PS, so some step by step or vid. helped you out did it not? Sorry if I come across course but, I know you had to learn from somewhere not just trial and error.

Thanks.
  5. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    actually, i learned by trial, error, common sense, and old tricks from ms paint.

Please Register or Log in to view images

no guides at all. its just putting layers on top of layers. pretty simple
    what are you having trouble with?
    also, how was my link not helpful? did you even read any articles?
    icons take a long time to make. start with a square.
    try to help yourself before you ask others...you dont really need a guide.
  6. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

You don't shouldn't jump straight into it.

The best thing to do is look at tutorials to do with the tools of PS.

Learn the tools, features, blending options etc etc first.

good tutorials.com is a good place to start. Take it slow.