Photoshop CS2 Problem.. Help anyone who has CS2..

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by fr0z3nic3, Feb 25, 2008.

1. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Hey, I have Adobe Photoshop CS2 and I'm having a couple annoying problems with it.. First, whenever I try to add a Gradient or some type of effect to my picture it give me this annoying Progress Bar wait.. Now, I'm not exactly sure if it should do this or not, but when ever that pops up when I have to fill in with some type of effect, I end up waiting like 15 mintues for it to apply.. Could someone tell me how I can speed this up in anyway.. PLEASE.. Its really annoying..

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well... If it's taking forever to load a gradient, chances are the file is rather large, or your computer needs a tad bit more memory. Either of those would be my best guess. Make sure when your setting ppi (pixels per inch/resolution) you keep it to a low. For example, cranking it up to 500 will get you nowhere; ppi is mainly for printing, 72 is the default for pretty much all lcd/crt monitors. that's including the iPod Touch (Even though Apple specifies the resolution at something like 62.4, 72 works just the same). and unless you're printing a decent photo or something you shouldn't have to type in anything past 300. But since it does increase draw space when the ppi is higher, gradient fills take longer. That's a problem I had when I first got into Photoshop.

I can't think of anything else. So If that isn't what you're doing wrong, try to explain what you're doing in depth. Hope this helps!
  3. ToXiC

ToXiC Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah . you need some more RAM , at least have 512mb-1gb of RAM and it'll work fine, unless you have a bunch of gradients installed.
  4. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ehh... loading the gradients would take time before the tool is used, like text. I have over 400 different fonts from a font bundle I bought and it takes some time to load the previews for them all, but after that it's fine.
  5. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

You guys.. I'm on a stock ALX Crossfire.. I don't think it needs anymore RAM.. Lol
  6. goldenboy

goldenboy New Member

Then it is likely that you have the DPI or PPI or w/e set too high, or you have one of the options that you selected in the creation of the document made the image a hella large file. What surprises me is that it takes so long to load. I had a 200 mb photoshop file with 23 layers on it and 300 dpi and that only took about 1 minute and a half...lol