Photos?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by uncle steve, Jan 10, 2008.

1. uncle steve

uncle steve Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Is there a way to put photos on my ipod without auto-syncing them as it does on iTunes???

For example, the same way you put music on? Like how down the left hand side under Devices it has your Touch and under that music, Movies ect, myn doesnt show Photos is it ment to?

help!!!
  2. uncle steve

uncle steve Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Sorry, dw found out alternative.
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

What was the alternative that you found?

I am having some issues with mine accepting photos.

Thanks
  4. faithn0m0re

faithn0m0re Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    EDIT
    You could use a program called winSCP or similar prgram to put them on.
    just try searching.
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I have done a few searches on it and have not been successful at getting what I am looking for. I was hoping the original poster would let us know what he had found incase it was a problem that others (myself included) may also encounter.

Yes, using WinSCP you can get into the iPod via SSH but what folder should they (the pictures) be placed in? Also, iTunes changes the files from .jpg to another file format and I am unsure if that can be done outside of iTunes. I know how to do it so that I can view pictures on the photo viewer, but I have not been able to get them onto the "Photos" section of the iPod. I have tried Syncing the photos, and have read about having to Sync them off of a folder that is on an external drive but I am still having issues getting photos onto my iPod.

Sorry for asking a fellow member to elaborate on his discovery. I find it easier to learn from others (i.e. searching the forums) then asking questions. Since you seem so concerned if you want me to explain the problems I am having and what I have tried let me know and I'll be more specific.
  6. case1212

case1212 New Member

Sync Photos with Adobe Photoshop

I have a zillion phontos on myt PC that I would like to put on my Touch.

I do not have Adobe Photoshop. I have Nikon's Picture Project, Picasso and HP Image Zone where most of my pictures reside.

How do I selectively sync photos to the Touch?