Photos won't sync/download to touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jcgso, Dec 28, 2007.

1. jcgso

jcgso New Member

Everything works great on my jailbroken 1.1.2, except when i try to sync photos from "my pictures" folder on my WIN Vista system using itunes 7.5, it will not download them to the touch, even though itunes shows it is syncing. I check the boxes next to the folders under the pictures tab, it says they are syncing, but I don't get anything. Music and videos sync just fine. Any ideas?
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You said Vista, right? I read somewhere that iTunes had issues with Vista for the photos - something about permissions I believe. The recommendation I saw was to move a folder of photos onto an external USB stick and try to sync that folder on the USB to your iPod Touch...

Your mileage may vary...
  3. PartyBoyXenesis

PartyBoyXenesis New Member

I'm having photo problems too. And I'm only running XP. It's not only Vista. When I try to sync my photos, I get an error message saying "Some photos, including "blah blah..jpg" were not synced to the iPod "Neckromunger" because these images cannot be displayed on this iPod"

Anyone know why it's doing this? All the photo's I'm trying to sync were taked on the same day, with the same camera, and are all in the same folder, and only 3 of the photos will sync with my iPod Touch.
  4. joeyjabba

joeyjabba New Member

I had this problem on my Vista system too. I changed my pics from .jpg to .bmp and then all my pics would sync no problem. They will take up more space unless you crop them, but at least you'll have them on your Touch.
  5. elite4life

elite4life New Member

I have vista... Everyhing works well
  6. decomposinglight

decomposinglight New Member

I have Vista as well and I tried several times just resyncing from My Pictures, coming up with the same error that "whateverfile.jpg" couldn't be copied because it can't be viewed on the Touch.

When that didn't work, I made a new folder on the Desktop to sync pictures from, and only put specific pictures in it. When that didn't work, I used the same folder yet I changed the files I wanted from .jpg to .bmp as suggested. This worked beautifully.

It would be really annoying to do this for a lot of pictures, but if you only want a few, I think that's your best option, as Vista works horribly with iTunes photo syncing (I used to get the Blue Screen of Death every time with my old 60gb)...
  7. kholdilocks

kholdilocks Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, convertign the files to .bmp is not helping them sync onto my touch through the damned Vista.
  8. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Did you try getting them from the USB drive?
  9. dkallan

dkallan New Member

Changing photos from JPG to BMP

I converted some pictures using Paint from JPG to BMP 256 color or BMP 24 bit and both worked for me.

P.S. I use Vista also
  10. cailean2k

cailean2k New Member

I just had the same problem (using XP), but the weird bit was that the pictures had been in my ipod touch earlier. I just added them to an extra folder and suddenly "they cannot be displayed"

I moved a fresh copy of the images into a different folder "d:\photos" and synced this folder and the images synced fine.