Photos on iPhone4 Lost After Restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dronen, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Dronen

Dronen New Member

Hi, I need urgent help to recover lost photos. My son upgraded his jailbroken iPhone to 4.0.2 and then did a restore without backing up his photos (some 200+ photos from his holiday trip were lost). The current OS on his phone now is iOS 4.0.2 which cannot yet be jailbroken.

Is there any thing that can be done whether on Mac or Windows to help recovery? I've tried data recovery apps on Windows like Diskgetor, Recover4All, but they all need the iPhone to be mounted as a disk but with iPhone 4, the "enable disk use" feature has been removed. What can I do?

Please advise.
  2. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Has he backed up his iphone between his trip and today? If so when he recovered he should click restore from back up. If he didnt still try that because it has always worked for me and i never back up.
  3. Dronen

Dronen New Member

Thanks, Jack. I've used iPhoneExplorer to look at his backup file and there's nothing there. I am supposing the backup is one after the restore (of iOS4.0.2) and not before. That's why I am banking on some utility that can help me mount the iPhone as a volume and then scanning tagged deleted photo files. Don't know if that is possible at all?
  4. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If i am understanding you right the back up is of 4.0.1? If that is so still try because i had to put my i touch in recover last week and i never back it up and had to update it also and i have everything on it before. Otherwise i can't help you their but hopefuly someone else does.

Good Luck
  5. Dronen

Dronen New Member

Apple does not allow restore back to 4.01. I'm afraid the backup is not 4.0.1 too. Feeling quite lousy now, it's been 3 days now and we're still keeping our fingers crossed.
  6. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    your backup covers all firmwares. just try it and see if that works.
  7. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    In iTunes, just Click 'Restore from Backup' and Select the latest backup made. I'm Sorry to say this, but if you don't get your photos back after that, you're screwed, unless they were separately backed up.
  8. amateuripods

amateuripods New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    if he did backup his iphone or sync his photos, nothing can be done
  9. hero_hont

hero_hont Banned

hello guys.
    Hi, I need urgent help to recover lost photos. My son upgraded his jailbroken iPhone to 4.0.2 and then did a restore without backing up his photos (some 200+ photos from his holiday trip were lost). The current OS on his phone now is iOS 4.0.2 which cannot yet be jailbroken.

Is there any thing that can be done whether on Mac or Windows to help recovery? I've tried data recovery apps on Windows like Diskgetor, Recover4All, but they all need the iPhone to be mounted as a disk but with iPhone 4, the "enable disk use" feature has been removed. What can I do?

------------
    Vietnam Travel-Vietnam beaches, Vietnam holiday-Le Cochinchine Cruise Mekong Cruise