Photos of my Incase Slider

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by tin.risky, Apr 7, 2008.

1. tin.risky

tin.risky New Member

Picture of the naked touch next to the case.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The touch in the slider case next to a pencil.

Opening for the hold button.

2. tin.risky

tin.risky New Member

3. tin.risky

tin.risky New Member

I hope this satisfies your need for pictures. I just picked this up yesterday along with the anti-glare film that they sell at the apple store. I love both of them. The film makes the screen nice and matte without sacrificing viewing quality, makes the screen feel better (can't really explain it, but trust me), plus it was pretty easy to put on. I got it in one try. It also looks great paired with the slider. I read that someone recommended putting the case on before applying an IS. I put the anti-glare film on first and had no problems at all. I don't know if there's any size difference between my film and the IS, but I'd recommend doing it the way I did. To me it seemed harder to align the film and put it on without getting stuff underneath with the case on.

The slider case itself doesn't add much bulk to the ipod touch itself as you can see from the pictures. It does make it feel more rounded and comfortable to hold though, in my opinion. I was a little put off by the price at first, but after having it for a day I can't imagine getting any other case. I'd rather spend more on a case that I actually like, than save a couple bucks on something that detracts from the sexiness of the touch. The back of the case, being shiny black plastic, is a fingerprint magnet. It's not something that drives me crazy, but it might be a concern for some people.

Another concern people have is that the bottom piece doesn't come off very easily, or that it will come off too easily. I've been keeping it in my pocket and pulling it in and out constantly. Never had a problem with anything loosening at all. It feels very sturdy and you have to pull with a little effort to get the bottom off. The first few times I tried it, the bottom would stay on and the top piece would start sliding off. After 3 or 4 times, the bottom piece comes off like a charm without budging the top. Overall, I'm more than satisfied with this case and I'd recommend it to anyone that wants to protect their touch while keeping it looking slim and sexy. I hope this helps.
  4. tin.risky

tin.risky New Member

Forgot one last photo:

Opening for the headphone jack and dock connector.

5. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Why is everyone buying this and the anti-glare?

Invisible Shield > Anti-glare
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Godamn those are sexy Photos.

What kind of Camera was used?
  7. kf6tac

kf6tac New Member

What company makes that anti-glare film? I had a generic protector on my screen when I tried the slider, and I couldn't for the life of me get the case on without lifting up the edges of the protector; I suspect it's because mine was generic, so the manufacturer didn't really take great care in making sure the cut was right.
  8. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    For my money, the invisible shield was the best investment. Bought a full body shield for my iPod touch and iPhone. And I have never regretted it.
  9. 318aye

318aye New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    damnit. you cheated and used a real camera.
  10. tin.risky

tin.risky New Member

The anti-glare film I got was from a company called Power Support. It comes with a front matted film and a clear film for the back. The back film didn't completely cover it, but it didn't really matter to me since I was putting it into the slider case anyway. I didn't get the IS because I needed something that could protect the touch in a short drop. Also, I've read that people using an IS with the slider case find the fit to be too tight since the IS is a bit thicker than the film. The slider case is pretty snug for me now with the back film on, but I don't have a problem taking the case off.

Haha, thanks Teslanaut. I used my Canon XTi and 100mm f/2.8 macro lens.

Sorry to steal your thunder, 318aye.
    1 person likes this.