Photos Not Syncing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodtouchy, May 21, 2010.

1. ipodtouchy

ipodtouchy New Member

I've searched google and have come up absolutely blank on what's wrong with my iPod. It's an 8GB first gen on firmware 3.1.2 (jailbroken) and I use iTunes 9.0.2.25.

I don't know what changed but I'd been able to sync photos until like a week ago. Now whenever I open the Photos application I only have the 'Saved Photos' album. However in iTunes it has the ticks next to the albums i've selected to sync (and with the number of photos in that album) but no albums appear in the photo app. I've tried unchecking the 'Sync Photos' option while deleting all the current photos but to no avail.

I've also changed all the permissions on the DCIM and Photos directory through SSH to 777 which I believe gives it all the permissions possible. I've deleted the iPod photo cache and it sitll doesn't work. I've tried moving the pictures I want to sync to another folder on the desktop but again nothing works.

When I do click the Sync button now, it just skips past the Syncing Photos bit. However, I've deleted the Thumbs file in the Photo directory through SSH, so I was expecting iTunes to start that whole 'Optimizing Photos' shebang but it just skipped past it and I have no photos now basically.

THIS IS DOING MY NUT IN, any help?

Thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ipodtouchy

ipodtouchy New Member

Bump, anyone help please?
  3. ipodtouchy

ipodtouchy New Member

overwhelming amount of responses but i still need help
  4. bratt0208

bratt0208 New Member

Same problem. HELP! Anyone please?
  5. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Restore. Try reinstalling iTunes.
  6. patpond

patpond New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try SharePod, iTunes is a drag
  7. bgor

bgor New Member

i have the same problem. annoying
  8. bgor

bgor New Member

ok i fixed mine. Deleted all the Ipod Photo Cache folders on my comp using the finder search. Then i EMPTIED THE RECYCLE BIN. Then i made a new folder with just the pics I wanted on my Ipod in it (subfolders are fine to have). Then selected it in my ipod photo options in itunes. Then selected the subfolders I wanted. Worked. Wierd. Kayp.