photos not synching to ipod touch

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by shaunj, Oct 13, 2007.

1. shaunj

shaunj New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I can synch video but not photos from my computer to Ipod Touch. This does not appear to be platform specific, as I am unable to do this on 3 different PCs (vista and XP). I am able to synch photos on these computers to my Ipod Nano. Any help would be much appreciated.

Stanley
  2. francis

francis New Member

Could you be more specific? Do you get an error message in iTunes when trying to sync photos? Are you having problems selecting which folders to sync? Or do they just not show up on your iPod? In any case, have you tried restarting/restoring your iPod?

(i think this question is posted in the wrong place btw, you should have more luck posting in "iPod Touch Technical Help")
  3. shaunj

shaunj New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    tank for your reply. i am new to posting. I am able to synch a small number of photos (e.g. 7 out of 111 in a folder), although most of them are displayed badly on the ipot.

Stanley
  4. francis

francis New Member

What kind of files are they(jpg, bmp, gif)? According to the Apple website, the iPod Touch only supports JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PSD, and PNG formats.

However, if the same photos work on your Nano, it might be a problem with the iPod. Have you tried jailbreaking/editing system files in the past?

Try restoring your iPod through iTunes (Warning: this will erase all media off the iPod), and see if that helps.