Photo section

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Vasily, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Does anyone know how to make your ipod touch show sub-folders of photo folders, for organization's sake? i have over 6000 pics on my touch and it is a pain in the butt to search for a specific picture on it without proper organization. thx
  2. calevans

calevans Retired Moderator

If you want to orgainize your pictures you can do it on you computer. just make the folders you want, put the pics in their folders. open up itunes, and go to the photos tab.

-sync photos from (pick folder)
    -selected albums
    -sync away!

and there you have it. orgainized photos.
  3. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ummm no, that doesnt work, ipod touch doesnt support subfolders. at all. maybe a jailbroken one does?
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I suppose you could Install that Photo Viewer app (the name of it escapes me now) to view photos in a Photo Directory that you create (with all the sub folders you may want).
  5. calevans

calevans Retired Moderator

no, the ipod doesnt need to be jailbroken to do this. give it another try. it works for me.

try out a test one. make your folder or just use the my pictures folder.
    make your subfolder, and put a few pics in there. now when you go to itunes. click your ipod touch, then the photos tab. select syng photo's from: choose your folder. and click selected folders instead of all photo's. now it will show the folder you made with the number of pictures in it. sync the ipod and when you tap photos in your ipod it will display the folder name, with your pictures. do the same thing to orgaize.
  6. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I don't think you quite really get what im trying to explain. The sub-folders i am mentioning are folders within folders jeez, just like on the computer

ps. thanks to SkylarEC for the tip, will do

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. slyn4ice

slyn4ice New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Do you remember the name of that app by any chance? Would like to use anything else but iSchmunes to upload photos ...