Photo resolution

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rcurry, Jan 15, 2010.

1. rcurry

rcurry New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have transferred a good many photos to my 64Gb Itouch. They look very good full screen but do not hold their detail when zooming in. On my Ipaq Pocket PC I could put in full resolution photos from my camera and it would give a nice full screen view of the photos and let you zoom into any portion of the image at the full resolution of the file.

I have looked in the controls for the Itouch and can not see any option for allowing full resolution images. Am I missing something or is it just a limitation of the Itouch? There would be advantages to me of having a big file that I could zoom into when I want to.

TIA

Roger in Jacksonville, FL
  2. jayjay960

jayjay960 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think it scales down photos when you put them on the ipod. I've also noticed that sometimes photos that are very bad quality in the Photos app are fine when you open them in the DCIM folder in iFile. Speaking of which, if you want to see your photos in better quality you could just SSH them somewhere on you riPod and use iFile to view them.
  3. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Or simply email them to urself and save them from there. iTunes lowers the resolution if u sync them.
  4. rcurry

rcurry New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks, jayjay960 and jmwerkus. I have been looking at a few of the references on Youtube. At this time I do not feel comfortable with jailbreaking the device but will see if e-mailing photos to myself will give me the resolution I want. Certainly do not need it for all of my photos but just for some of them.

Best wishes, and thanks very much for the help.

Roger in Jacksonville, FL
  5. probe1957

probe1957 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have the same issue with photos but I really don't mind it. I really can't imagine having a need for a high resolution photo on my ipod when I store the photos on Flickr anyway. I rather like the idea that they are downsized on the ipod. Seems better to me than having each photo take up 5mb of space.

That said, it would be nice if the user had the option to store high res photos. If that option exists, I haven't found it.