Photo Distortion

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SmallFox, Oct 25, 2007.

1. SmallFox

SmallFox New Member

Hey Ppl...

I have quite a large collection of photos on my PC that i took using my sony ericsson phone (2.0 megapixel jpegs). One of the first things i did when i got my iPod Touch was to transfer them to it via iTunes.

The problem i'm having is when iTunes "optimised" them during transfer, they all looked terrible on the touch with lines across them and bad colours, and that was just the ones that successfully made it onto my iPod touch (about 5% of em!)

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off this Optimising feature on iTunes? Maybe it is neccessary, in which case does anyone know if theres any way I can treat the photos before i transfer them so they appear correct?

Thanks in advance guys...

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SmallFox

SmallFox New Member

Hmmm... wondering if i am the only one to have this problem.?!

At least i know its nothing to do with Jailbreaking as this was an issue long before i jailbroke.
  3. BassBCN

BassBCN New Member

I have the same problem, but I don't have eny solution!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. omnibus

omnibus New Member

I read somewhere, don't remember where, that Vista is the problem when transferring photos. I had the same problem with my old 5th gen ipod.

A fix is supposedly coming.
  5. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 New Member

I have the same problem and I use vista....most people are getting this problem with vista...

THE SOLUTION IS:

get an external hard drive or usb flash drive or something to that effect (256 MB flash drive is what i use) and put all your pictures on it....

next go to itunes and click on the photo tab under your ipod touch....tell it to sync to that jump drive or flash drive.

all the photos will sync and look great!!!

i had this problem and i got really mad until i figured out how to do this!
  6. Darlyn

Darlyn Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    adrenalinerush12, I'm also on Vista, and I just tried your solution. It does not work; iTunes still carries out its stupid "photo optimization" process.
  7. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The problem is with Vista and something to do with the way it interacts with the harddrive, I believe. As the above post says, you have to put the pictures on a flash drive and then tell iTunes to sync photos from there. Optimizing photos is obligitory I think, and so you will need extra space on your flash drive, but you can always erase everything before syncing photos then load a backup onto the drive once you're done. Optimizing the photos is not the cause of the problem, so don't worry about that.

Good luck, PM me if you need any more tips.