photo app gone!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by negamaki, Jan 23, 2008.

1. negamaki

negamaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    a while back i had gotten an error while downloading an app and it caused most of my apps to disappear.. So my question is , is there any way i can get it back without ssh or restore? I have ishare and mobilefinder if that helps at all.. The photo app is completely gone off my ipod.. If anyone has specific questions please ask and help please
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The answer is no, if you hadnt noticed after 3 Bumps. Honestly don't wait an hour then Bump it. Well actually inbetween the first and second was a mear 15 minutes. Nice.
    Theres a backup for it in my signature. (Application Back-Ups)
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Problem 1, give people time to answer. I'm deleting all but the opening post.
    Problem 2, we need A LOT more information before we can even begin to give you a good solid answer. Ask again, but be as specific as possible in as many details as possible.
  4. negamaki

negamaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ok so the story is a couple weeks ago i tried downloading an app called fix disk space, or something like that. The package crashed while installing and sent me back to springboard. Most of my apps were randomly gone and yet they appeared until the uninstall section in installer. Most of the apps were useless but i did notice that my photo app is gone. It doesnt appear in mobilefinder or anywhere. So my question is.. Is there any way i can get it back without using ssh or restoring my ipod? Is there any app similar to it? Thanks and sorry for Mis- using "bump".
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Are you using Windows or a Mac? If on Windows, download WinSCP, if on a Mac, download CyberDuck.
    1. Use the afore mentioned program and navigate to /Applications. Note, you will need to go up a few folders before you see /Applications
    2. Move everything from the /Applications folder into /private/var/root/Applications
    3. Delete the /Applications folder.
    4. Open up your SSH client (you mentioned you had one)
    5. Type the following, each new line is a new command (pay close attention to spaces and capitalization):
      • cd /
      • ln -s /private/var/root/Applications Applications
    6. Reboot the iPod.