Phonegap? Rhohub? Windoze?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by pavja2, Aug 23, 2009.

1. pavja2

pavja2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok, here is the deal, both phonegap and rhohub claim to allow you to create a mobile app for one os (I.e android) and port it to other devices. However I am stumped as to how to use either one? My train of though was develop for android, buy/steal/borrow a mac, port to iPhone. Is this plausable? How should I go about it? Please make it as simple as you can, really my enitrety of development experience on the iPhone is this webapp http://iradar.110mb.com
    so please assume that level of knowledge in your replys.

Thanks
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Don't use Javascript to make iPhone apps. Also, that's not much of a webapp, but some HTML delivered in a nice, neat iWebKit fashion.

Learn to program. Don't rush into the iPhone platform without prior programming experience. It's the mistake I made some time ago, and I wouldn't want anyone to do the same.

It doesn't matter so much what language you start with (especially if its Object-Oriented). Your first language will be the hardest, but from there, you can pick up other languages with relative ease.

If you want, you can begin with Objective-C. (here's a great book - )

Put any lofty iPhone aspirations aside for now - (you'll return to them later!) and put in some time to understand key concepts.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. Feel free to contact me with further questions.

EDIT: Are you trying to make native or web applications?
  3. pavja2

pavja2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I would love to round out my web app with a few more features then port it to native. Not owning a mac, and not intending on spending $500 just to "try something out" I was hoping for some cross platform alternative so thar I could do the bulk of Coding on my pc and then just compile on the mac. My only problem is I would need a simulator which Rhohub offers. Is there any easy way to code for android then port to iPhone? Or will I have to keep waiting?