Phone as a wirless modem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iRico, Jan 27, 2009.

1. iRico

iRico New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys was at school and got this idea to use your phone as a wireless router for your ipod, so it would be like using the internet from you phone operator in my case t-mobile and then turning your phone into a wireless routher either by bluetooth (bluetooth adapter for ipod) or if your phone is good enough and has wifi built in then you could use wifi which would probably be eaiser. I just wanted to know if this was possible.
    If you think its a stupid idea then just say so no need to go all crazy and tell me to fudge off lol.
  2. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

Theres a program for windows mobile phones with wifi that allows the phone to send off a wireless signal..pretty badass

I used to use it..worked awesome
  3. nelson480

nelson480 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    be nice if my wifi worked at all

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. iRico

iRico New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    do you think it would be possible by bluetooth then? we could use a bluetooth adapter on our ipods or for example on my phone i can use it as a modem buy it has to be connected to my pc with a usb then i could use its internet pon my pc well we could have some type of adapter about the size of a usb which would act the computer and recieve the data from the phone and but it wold send it out as wifi o.o? one problem with this is the signal since its a small device the signal wont be that strong but then again we are carrying it every where so it would be like in our pockets so it wont have to be strong.

Sorry if i made no sense in that loool
  5. cheapfame

cheapfame New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    how frustrating.
    why cant i use a 3g iphone via usb as a modem to get the desktop online?
    downloaded the modem app from cydia and on my touch "no edge" so i turfed it.
    a mate was over and his 3g iphone couldnt do it with the app either says it needs wifi too ? what a crock, surely there is an easier way than this ???
    cmmmmmmmmonnnnnnnn