PhilNote smooth but devoid of iPod touch goodness

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by bgizzle, Jan 6, 2009.

1. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6

Please Register or Log in to view images

Apple's final Macworld keynote went fairly smoothly, even though it was given by Apple's marketing chief, Phil Schiller, rather than founder and CEO Steve Jobs. It included announcements of a new 17" Macbook Pro, updates to the iWork and iLife suites, and updates to iTunes Music download pricing and quality, but nothing of more than passing interest to iPod touch and iPhone users.
  2. kevipapo1

kevipapo1 New Member

A lot of upset people on these forums, I would imagine. I'm glad to hear that Apple is removing DRM from the iTunes Store though. Looks like Amazon has competition...
  3. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am surprised they haven't upgraded the mac minis.

not surprised about the ipod/iphones since they are done in sept/June or july.
  4. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

I think it would have been to all of the Mac lovers advantage who can't afford an expensive Mac to have the option to buy a Mac Mini for under $600 USD. Of course, it's not going to happen because Apple has decided not to upgrade it's Mini. I don't understand what their thinking. Do they think that you can just pull out $2799 right out of our asses to buy a MacBook Pro, I don't think so. I think they need to think up a solution of distributing high quality computers, for a lower price, while still making a decent amount of profit of each computer sold. In my opinion, in the long run, they would be making more profit because the slightly lower prices will attract more customers, selling more computers.
  5. JazziePhay77

JazziePhay77 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So when is this new iTunes update coming out?
  6. NYXX

NYXX New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This sucks hopefully they still announce the 2.3 Firmware upgrade soon. Or at least hint at possible features.
  7. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

They may not need to update the software just because of the DRM free upgrade and the higher quality. The change is on their end, on their servers.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    There's no reason to get excited about a 2.3 update. We don't even have a feature list yet. That will come when the betas start to be sent out to developers. You never know, instead of updating to 2.3, they might release 3.0, or something similar. Oh, wouldn't it be cool if they actually gave the update a name, like Mac OS X is "Leopard" or "Snow Leopard!" No more 1.1.5, 2.0, just a really cool name.

8. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It's a law of nature that you can have 2 of those but not all 3.
  9. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

Well, this is when I go thank the developers over at the osx86project.

10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you spoke to customer support in India with Apple you would pay less but you can't have it both ways. When one call is estimated to cost over $20 here in the US it eats up a lot of cash. So go buy a Dell, pay less, and deal with awful customer support.