Persuade parents to buy "more expensive" earphones?

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by Renteura, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Renteura

Renteura Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So, I'm asking my parents to buy earphones for Easter. I want Sennheiser CX500's, so I show them the page, and they refuse to buy them for $80 (around that, maybe a bit less). I offer to pay a part of the price, they still refuse, and I ask them how much they would spend on earphones, and they say $20. I explain to them about sound quality and why I want those specific earphones, and they still won't even think about buying them, as they don't really care about sound quality themselves. And knowing them, they won't let me pay the whole price. Any ideas how to persuade them?

Also, that really took a while to type on by iPod. P:
  2. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    tell them that you need good quality earphones to block out their nagging
  3. enyahs

enyahs Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Ok now im interested in getting a pair of these too.. All i see is "Watch out for fakes!"
    So where are the cheapest pair of Sennheiser CX500's that you think are LEGIT
  4. bluchchavez

bluchchavez New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i would say look for them on ebay or something (any online retailer) and maybe they have them for cheaper
    you never know you might find some in the $30 price range
  5. aaron1006

aaron1006 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just bought a pair for $40 shipping included in that price from Amazon, the seller was Deal City. Don't rip your parents off by buying the $80 ones at the store lol

Be careful if you search on Ebay, lots of fakes, the ones I recommended are real, I own them first hand.
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Click on any of the headphones in my sig, show them those and say "I want these now instead" then they'll be thanking God that the CK500's are only $80.
    EDIT: That actually works pretty well...I told my mom I wanted the $600 ATH-ESW10's and then said "Actually, I'd rather have the 9's for $300 less." Then she had a big sigh of relief. I haven't actually bought them yet though, I think Ima start workin on pimpin out my car.
  7. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Don't buy them. My parents bought wanted to buy me expensive headphones for my birthday but I insisted it was too much. The difference in sound quality between a good pair of $30 and $80 headphones is minuscule and you likely won't be able to tell the difference.

Besides, headphones, especially earbuds, don't last terribly long anyways. Sooner or later you will lose the bass or the volume will become imbalanced.
  8. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ^They last if you make them last...I've been using my original Apple earbuds for around a year now (i rarely turn my volume past 50%) and they're holding up just fine...where as my friend (whose music I can hear clearly across a room) goes through about a pair of month.
    EDIT: Question: Renteura: This is stupid cuz I'm pretty sure I know the answer but how did you fit 112GB of video on a 32GB iPod? Just making sure you aren't pullin some voodoo magic on me...
  9. Bazuny

Bazuny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Say that it's going to damage you're eardrums the bad quality ones because of the crackling it gets really bad.
  10. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Maybe that's how many videos he has, not how much he has on his iPod, which I would bet a lot it is, since it's not possible to have even half of that on an iPod.

And yeah, I don't see why people blast it, it's not hard to hear, and it just makes you spend a ton of money.