Persistent WiFi disabled in ios 6?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by touchu4g, Aug 20, 2012.

1. touchu4g

touchu4g Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have an iPod touch 4G on iOS 6 beta 4. In iOS 4 Apple introduced persistent wifi for iPod touch. Well it's not persistent for me. When I'm using the iPod touch, you can see the wifi icon on the status bar. Once I lock my iPod and click on the lock button again after a minute, the wifi icon is gone and comes back after 3 seconds. This is not persistent wifi. In iOS 5.1.1, whenever I press the lock button, I see the wifi bars even after an hour. What happened?

One more question. I receive iMessages late on iOS 5.x and iOS 6. I get the notification 10 minutes to 1 hour late. What is the problem? Is it my iPod or apples servers? It shouldn't come that late. When my friends tell me something that in should reply by 10 min, I reply after 1 hour since I get the messages late. Is there any Cydia tweak that will leave the messages app in background even after I remove it in the multitasking bar like FaceTime.
  2. ValleyForge

ValleyForge Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    So your WiFi was persistent on iOS 5.1.1 but not 6.0b4? On iOS 4-5, persistent WiFi is basically connecting and disconnecting from WiFi every so often while asleep. Maybe iOS 6 actually stays connected the whole time, not sure.
    As for iMessage, I have the same problem; I think it's server-side.
  3. touchu4g

touchu4g Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    On iOS 5.x and iOS 6 beta 1-3, it always used to stay on which is what I want. On iOS 6 beta 4, whenever I lock my iPod, it disconnects from the WiFi network until I press the lock button and then it connects after 3 seconds. This is stupid since when I iMessage my friends, I have a habit of locking my iPod, so the problem is I won't receive a notification after 15 minutes as that's when it reconnects and checks for notifications. I started having this problem in iOS 6 beta 4 when I reset the network settings for the Personal hotspot problem. What should I do?
  4. ValleyForge

Device:
    Nexus 4
    It could be that the persistent WiFi was in the network settings (backup). Try restoring to a backup that was made before you reset the network settings (if you have one). You can always restore back to your latest if you want, don't worry.
  5. touchu4g

touchu4g Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Well iTunes has my backup from yesterday and deleted the backups from last month. The backups I have are from January and June. I have no other. Those backups are outdated since I download many apps and stuff
  6. ValleyForge

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Export the network settings from an old backup and import them into you current backup, then restore to your current backup, all with iBackupBot. Info here.
    That is,
    Library/Preferences/com.apple.preferences.network
    Library/Preferences/com.apple.network.eapclient.tls.TrustExceptions.plist
    SystemConfiguration/com.apple.network.identification.plist
    SystemConfiguration/com.apple.wifi.plist
    SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist
    in iBackupBot.
  7. touchu4g

touchu4g Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Thanks. I have 2 Library/Preferences/com.apple.preferences.network plist files.
    Capture.JPG

Which one am I supposed to copy? Or can I copy any?
  8. touchu4g

touchu4g Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Also I don't have the Library/Preferences/com.apple.network.eapclient.tls.TrustExceptions.plist file. Captur2e.JPG
  9. ValleyForge

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Just copy one of them. If that doesn't work, try the other one.
    That's normal, which files exist depends on the iOS version.
  10. touchu4g

touchu4g Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I did that now I got stuck in a Apple Logo Boot or something like that. What should I do?