Permissions 2.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Andrewistheshit, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Andrewistheshit

Andrewistheshit New Member

I jailbroke and installed OpenSSH and now im trying add apps via that. I set the permissions off everything in the /Applications to 777 and now im getting a permission error when i launch installer saying Installer was not installed correctly. It shoulde be run as Root:wheel. We will contiune but please...etc. The apps i had put in never showed up, and cydia crashes before it will open. Any ideas because im not re-jailbreaking because it took 12 damm hours to update my music and videos back on. And installer worked before i did the permissions change btw.
  2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Contrary to popular belief, setting everything to 777 is a horrible idea, and doesn't work AT ALL. However, you may be able to try Fixing User Dir Permissions in BossPrefs. I dunno, though. You probably have to restore.
  3. Andrewistheshit

Lol already tried that before and it didnt work. I feel even stupider because i had done the same 777 thing and i just did it again, wow wtf. Well restore fixes that. But what about the other apps not showing up, before when they were 777 they worked.
  4. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

To quote SkylarEC:
  5. Andrewistheshit

i know what they mean, im just saying it usualy works with the apps i SSH'ed in when i give them full permissions.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I fixed it with restore. But the apps im putting in with SSH will not show up???
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    fixed it
    http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50461