Permission help in 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by Edward4466ed, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Edward4466ed

Edward4466ed New Member

I am in 1.1.3 and I am trying to change permission on some stuff like games and other programs. I can't use FTPcute all other servers but I have squid and finder. I heard that you can change the permission by checking the boxes for Owner Group and Other and they hit apply. I did that but the problem is that after when I go back to the file I changed permission in, it just go back to it's original persmission. I tried this with squid and finder on one of my gba rom as testing but it would never change to the permission i want it to... what should i do?
  2. haxdiphone

haxdiphone New Member

Install OpenSSH, download Putty from http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ log in with username root, password alpine and change permissions like so:

Code:
    chmod perms file

perms can be something like +ax (executable) or 777 (execute, read, write for all users) and file is the file or directory you want to change permissions on.

You can also change permissions of all files/folders by doing
    Code:
    chmod -R 777 directory

Hope this helps

BTW if on mac, ssh is already installed so just open Terminal.app in Utilities and use the command
    Code:
    ssh root@.ip.address.of.your.iphone.or.ipod.here

3. Edward4466ed

Edward4466ed New Member

Do you need wifi or connect to the computer to do so? But i you do, do you need the same computer IP as the ipod IP?

Anyother way that this because isn't Putty FTP program... I can't world FTP programs somehow....
  4. haxdiphone

haxdiphone New Member

You need your iPod to be connected to your network via WiFi for my method to work.

The only other way is to use the Terminal (Term-v100 or something like that) from Installer.app to access your iPod/iPhone from the device, then you can run the commands I gave from the Terminal, you'll just have to navigate the old fashioned way. Use cd to change directory, and ls to list the directory contents.
  5. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yea same here i would like to know this as well cause i cant connect to an SSH client for some reason i always get the timed out error
  6. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    would u mine telling me how to change the permissons like what would i type in
  7. haxdiphone

haxdiphone New Member

install ProFTPd then and use an FTP client.

When you first install SSH, reboot the iPod by holding the power button and sliding to power off, then power on. Keep trying to connect as the iPod will have to generate some keys, and when it does, your SSH client will ask if you want to save the authorisation key fingerprint, and you answer yes to it, then boom, log yourself in.
  8. haxdiphone

haxdiphone New Member

9. Edward4466ed

Edward4466ed New Member

okay now i think i screwed up my 1.1.3 jailbreak. When i open terminal, it asks for password but i can't type in alpine i can only type in the login,
  10. haxdiphone

haxdiphone New Member

Ahah, you must also install the 1.1.3 Terminal Fix in Installer.app