Permanent wi-fi internet access to Internet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ted12345678a, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ted12345678a

ted12345678a New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Is it possible to get permanent
    wifi access to Internet?
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
  3. ted12345678a

ted12345678a New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hm..I do have access to internet from
    TWC (cable).I do not have laptop
    only desktop.So they don't provide service
    for iPod only?that's bad.
  4. iMan

iMan New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Linksys (cisco) wireless router at wallmart for 43.00, and the setup is complete in 7 minutes and takes no skill or networking knowledge at all. It makes your cable internet connection secure and up all the time.
  5. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Within range of the router, yes but going everywhere and getting Internet is kind of rediculous, you might as well just get an iPhone. Also if your iPod touch goes to sleep then it disconnects from the router unless you have something running that uses the wifi actively but that's going to drain your battery.
  6. iMan

iMan New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I agree with that. When I use the top button on the iPod touch it goes to sleep and just takes a second to reconnect to the router in the house. I usually check the weather to see if it is connected before checking mail or the net.

I hope that the iPad I'm getting on the 3rd does the same thing. Right now I can get about 7 days of use from the iPod touch battery and its only supposed to last for what 6 hrs or so? The 10 hour advertised time of the iPad should be even better once I stop using it all day after a week or so.
  7. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Some friend said that he had a friend that had internet everywhere because he had set up a VPN network thing on the iPod.
  8. William

William New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    You know you could always buy 3G, that is pretty much like constant internet, wherever you go (for 30 bucks a month)
  9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Except it is AT&T. So not everywhere.

However, MiFi works well (experience). I'd suggest that, although they can get somewhat pricey.

If you don't travel very much, and have good AT&T coverage where you live, then stick with that. Otherwise, MiFi is awesome.
  10. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Or just buy the Wifi only ipad and tether in to your phone. Internet everywhere at no extra cost (If your already paying for data on you're phone) and works on any network.

If you don't have a data plan already then the $30 AT&T plan is a good deal. If you are already paying for data then the $30 iPad data is robbery, no matter how cheap it is. Paying for data on a device to device bases is just wrong. Imagine you're water company charged you extra for each sink or the electric company charged extra and required a separate deal for each appliance.

If I wasn't paying for data on my phone already I'd buy one of those portable wifi hotspot deals.