Permanent White Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NeSEncHo, Aug 2, 2009.

1. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

So, today, my Jailbroken 3.0 iPod touch 2nd Generation, decided to permanently go to a white screen.

Restarts render the same results, the white screen even being at the boot screen where the apple logo should have been.

I haven't dropped it, I haven't gotten it wet, I haven't had much prior trouble to it.

I can't SSH in there, cause it keeps saying "Host is Down", even though I know it's connected to the internet.

I can't VNC in there, cause of the same thing. And cause I don't have Veency.

Currently I'm using DiskAid to transfer everything before I try DFU.

Now I ask if anybody has anything that they think may work to fix this, or if they just know why it's like this in the first place.

EDIT: Since pretty much have evidence that it's a screen failure, I guess this can be closed.
  2. jmckeemckee

jmckeemckee New Member

I saw this once on an iphone we replaced the lcd on. We had to reseat the lcd cable. Your problem might be more in depth though...since you can't 'remote' to it. We can tear it down and reseat everything for you. If its succesful, its $35 and includes return shipping. If its not, you might need a new LCD which will be an additional $35 making total repair $70. Please let me know if I can help.

Jerrod

jmckee@droppedlaptop.com
    www.DroppedLaptop.com
  3. lakers123

lakers123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well did you even try a restore or dfu yet?
  4. jbarnes

jbarnes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Um...this happened to my ipod touch...even though it isnt jailbroken. The white screen of death. Hold down the power and home button at the same time for ten seconds, then release the power button and keep holding the home button for 5 seconds. It worked for me, but I dont know if its the exact same problem.
  5. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

... Was that an advertisement? w.e.

I'm holding out on that for now.

Done that many times. No Effect. And didn't I say that in the Original Post?
    ------------

BTW, I can now SSH, SFTP, and VNC to it. It's working perfectly other than the screen.
  6. lakers123

lakers123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    your only option left would be to restore then if it doesnt work take it to apple to get it replaced