Periodic unresponsive home button

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OnlyAn8, Oct 27, 2010.

1. OnlyAn8

OnlyAn8 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I just noticed this recently but sometimes if my iPod is in sleep mode for a few minutes.. If I grab it and hit the home button to go the the lock screen, the screen just stays black. Then if I hit it again, it'll come off sleep mode and go to the lock screen. It happens quite often. Anyone else have this ever happen? Kind of annoying. Replace if this continues?
  2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

same here

this happens very often for me and I don't know if I should return it
  3. FluffyofDoom

FluffyofDoom Member

i heard that this is a defect in some of the ipods, I suggest a replace
  4. guy123456

guy123456 Member

Replace it
  5. OnlyAn8

OnlyAn8 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah if it keeps happening I may. Although I was thinking maybe it's because I'm not hitting the button firmly enough? Just because my home button seems to work fine during use. It's never unresponsive elsewhere. So maybe I'm applying too light of pressure...again maybe not.
  6. InfinitiProject

InfinitiProject Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I restored today but before jailbreaking I transferred my purchased apps to my iPod. Of course while I was doing this my screen goes off time and when I go to wake it up I press the button once and it always work every time.

After I jailbroke with Greenpois0n, I have to sometimes push the home button twice now. No cydia apps, themes, or anything installed yet. So it might be the jailbreak that's making this happen.
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Every iPod touch I've owned has done that, is it really bothering you? Otherwise just live with it.
  8. OnlyAn8

OnlyAn8 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's not that it really bothers me but if my iPod is two weeks old and the home button is sometimes unresponsive, could it eventually become fully unresponsive? I don't buy things and accept problems. And Infiniti, I was wondering if the jailbreak has something to do with it, even though it sounds weird.
  9. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    All my iPods have done this (except for my 1G). Mine does it now... It think it's the OS and not the home button... It's a software problem is what I'm trying to get at... It's annoying, but if you get another one, I'm 99% sure that you'll face the same problem.
  10. OnlyAn8

OnlyAn8 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well it's kind of comforting that you guys have noticed it on your past Touches. That was the point of me starting this topic. I've never had an iPod touch before so good to know.