Performance on iOS 4.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by metalboy94, Aug 2, 2010.

1. metalboy94

metalboy94 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In spite of any similar threads, I will ask my question: can anyone here with an iPod Touch 2G (MC model preferably) share with me their experience with iOS 4.0? Meaning:

1. How many apps can you multitask? Does the iPod lag when multitasking?
    2. Does the iPod lag in normal use?
    3. Is the battery life any different?
    4. If jailbroken, how many apps have you found on Cydia that run flawlessly (or almost flawlessly

Please Register or Log in to view images

)? Do SBSettings, Winterboard, MobileTerminal, iFile, "App Store" and FontSwap run in such a fashion?
    5. Are native multitasking and folders better or worse compared to Backgrounder and Categories respectively?
    6. Did you find any other important differences between 4.0 and 3.1.3?

Thank you, and sorry for the lengthy post.

2. ortizzle31

ortizzle31 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would say that it run pretty good. not as smooth as 3g itouch or 3gs iphone but good. yew can multitask about 5 - 8 apps. battery life is the same unless yew have like 20 multitask apps open. winterboard makes multasking glitchy. ifile, sbsettings, and [PIRACY]us work perfect! not sure about font swap and mobile termanil. i think that having native multasking gets getting used too. but IMHO its less glitchy than backgrounder. the imprtant difference for me were homescreen wallpapers and native multitasking. Thats pretty much it. Plus yew can jailbreak ios4 with www.jailbreakme.com just slide to jailbreak
  3. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Fixed. I think you should do that too.
  4. metalboy94

metalboy94 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Done

@Ortizzle: Yeah, precisely because of all the hype around JailbreakMe I am tryin to decide whether it's worth taking the plunge.
    Also, wasn't there an update to winterboard that fixed the multitasking issue?
    Second also, don't native homescreen wallpapers make the iPod a bit...slow?
  5. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    1. How many apps can you multitask? Does the iPod lag when multitasking? I don't multitask, it's a waste of battery.
    2. Does the iPod lag in normal use? No
    3. Is the battery life any different?Since I don't have Mulittasking enabled the Batterylife is fine
    4. If jailbroken, how many apps have you found on Cydia that run flawlessly (or almost flawlessly

)? Do SBSettings, Winterboard, MobileTerminal, iFile, "App Store" and FontSwap run in such a fashion?Look for the Compatibility list. SBSettings -> Yes - Winterboard -> Yes - MobileTerminal -> No - iFile -> Yes - "App Store" -> Not allowed here
    5. Are native multitasking and folders better or worse compared to Backgrounder and Categories respectively? Better all the way
    6. Did you find any other important differences between 4.0 and 3.1.3? Native Homescreen Wallpapers are good
  6. klasjosh

klasjosh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Well actually you just need to delete some pointless .png files in the core services directory. It doesn't change the look of the iPod but makes it run perfect using native wallpaper.
  7. Buzzard267

Buzzard267 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1. How many apps can you multitask? Does the iPod lag when multitasking? - No works fine for me
    2. Does the iPod lag in normal use? - Not really
    3. Is the battery life any different? - It drains a little faster than normal
    4. If jailbroken, how many apps have you found on Cydia that run flawlessly (or almost flawlessly )? Do SBSettings, Winterboard, MobileTerminal, iFile, "App Store" and FontSwap run in such a fashion? - Not all work perfectly and yes all those work for me.
    5. Are native multitasking and folders better or worse compared to Backgrounder and Categories respectively? - Umm... i think its better!
    6. Did you find any other important differences between 4.0 and 3.1.3? - Battery Life will drain a bit more and all the known updates work pretty well and are very cool!
  8. metalboy94

metalboy94 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, I read a few tuts, but I think I won't be using native wallpapers anyway, cos I'm kinda addicted to Winterboard and I'm not sure whether the two have any conflicts.