People are treating the iPod touch in completly the wrong way! RANT

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jamerrrs_cooper, Dec 28, 2007.

1. jamerrrs_cooper

jamerrrs_cooper New Member

I have an iPod touch and i love it. What i don't love are the users who go on about how they wish the iPod touch had been built a camera, how they wish it had the iphone applications (if they havent jailbroken it yet of course)

Its annoying because the iPod touch is AN IPOD! Its not a phone! Its for playing music not for taking pictures of yourself or reading a map. The only reason people are complaing like this is because the iPhone has thoses things but it is a completly different device, its like a sony ericsson walkman phone, a phone with built in MP3.

GRAH do people understand what i am saying? The only reason apple put in safari was because they thought they might as well because they needed wifi for the iTunes store.

Rant over now

but please if anyone agrees...
  2. RightOn

RightOn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I went on the SAME rant on my blog a few days ago...
  3. lauren1987

lauren1987 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if i had wanted the iphone i woulda bought it. but i like my phone, and i like listening to my music on an ipod therefore ipod touch is my hero.
  4. chosen1

chosen1 New Member

I thought this would be about people breaking the glasses on their iPod's

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. rome2ng

rome2ng New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it's part of globalisation effect on people

people want combination of MP3 Player with other product like camera and etc...

They want Convenience, they want to utentilise every ounce of power juice that iTouch and perform.

They want entertainment to a degree than is never seen before.

That's why, we are asking for more.

IPOD touch is very similar to iphone. The initial price 399$ for 16GB and 399 for iphone is comparable. They want Value.

In term of manufacturing, itouch is relatively the same product with possible componet like the Cell Antenne, camera removed. Hence people are trying if they could be the same..

It's more of demands as people look deeper into it.
  6. midiman6

midiman6 New Member

so basically you have a problem with people wanting the same features the iphone has for the ipod touch? What rule is in the Apple Bible of Ipods that says just because it's called an ipod it can't do anything else except play music?

They are completely different devices? Give me a break, they look the same!! Maybe they should have called it something else besides an ipod.

But dude seriously, why does it annoy you what other people do to their own devices? Do you always have a problem when people try improve something that they already have?
  7. hugo

hugo New Member

agree with this guy

all this guy said is very pretty much how i feel about this matter, however it doesn't bother me so much as to start a new thread about it. maybe that's just a personality thing. anyways, that's off the point. iPod is and will always be a device for playing media, there will never be a iPod with a camera.

by the way i own both an iPhone and an iPod touch, the touch IS an inferior device mainly the screen quality also the the speed of the device, especially safari.
  8. shuriken

shuriken New Member

exactly. buy a damn phone if you want a phone. buy a damn media player if you want a media player. if you're gonna b*tch about wanting both, then get an AIW. until then, STFU!

9. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I completely agree with you, I never knew about jailbreaking until the next day I got my touch.. I feel so bad.. All I want is like more applications or cool stuff/ themes onto my touch.. the least thing I do with it is listen to music

sigh.. I totally regret buying it now... in a way (I want it, but I use it for the wrong reasons) I could've stayed with my nano instead D: I completely agree with you I feel so stupid that I bought the touch because I don't even use it for music.. I guess thats only because i'm on winterbreak and I go no where so I listen to music on my computer I hope that changes when school starts
  10. Lee

Lee New Member

Sounds like you went more with market trend than your actual needs !

Give this machine a chance.
    Why boot up your pc when you can have this baby sat in your pocket.

Personally i have not bothered to jailbreak mine as the 'cool' applications you can add dont do much for what I need. I was in the market for a new player and this one caught my eye. It does exactly what is says on the box and im happy with that.