PenPlayer Beta Versions

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pavan, Oct 10, 2008.

1. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    IN DEVELOPMENT - Beta 4 (last updated: 2008-10-09)
    - PwnPlayer will now run in background automatically if play button is pressed either from the lock screen or the home double-tap shortcut
    - Artwork is now displayed in the lock screen
    - Fixed Lock-screen bug where the song title wasn't removed if the user exited the application
    - Added "clear playlist" button
    - Added a version checker to let users know when a new version of the app is available
    - Changed lock-screen controls behaviour: double-tap is now required to play/pause. This change was made to avoid accidental touches (specially when handling from pocket)
    - Fixed bug when trying to shuffle songs from filesystem while on a folder without any files
    - Fixed bug when playing a previously saved playlist, where it has been seen as overwritten if you selected one album from CoverFlow
    - Fixed SpringBoard crash when trying to use the lock-screen controls after "Music" button has been pressed from the home double-tap shorcut while using another application and PwnPlayer was running in background.
    - Much smoother scrolling on Music Library, File System and Playlist screens.

Known issues
    - Sometimes artist, album or song title labels on the playback screen (where you see the artwork, playback controls, etc) are not displayed. They get hidden somehow or only their grey shadow is displayed. This is completely harmless and can be easily fixed by changing the song.
    - Sometimes when the app was running in background and it got resumed, the whole screen blinks repeatedly or everything is seen black. This is completely harmless and can be easily fixed by tapping the home button and resuming PwnPlayer again.
    - Sometimes songs finish a few seconds early. This needs to be investigated further.
    - Scrolling/reordering in playlist editing mode is a bit laggy. I also need to investigate this further.
    - Search feature has been reported to crash the app *VERY RANDOMLY*. This will be also investigated further
    - Artwork on the album list is shown with "bad quality/pixelated". I haven't yet found the method apple uses to display the tiny artwork thumbnail, which is already resized and stored in a cache, instead I have to resize it myself (which is the reason why there's a delay to display them)

Older versions:

2008-10-03 - Beta 3
    - Fixed some incompatibility issues with international characters
    - Fixed HUGE lag experienced on SpringBoard after using lock-screen controls repeatedly
    - Fixed some ID3 reading related issues which caused certain MP3s to crash
    - Fixed dissappearing "Now Playing" button
    - Lock-Screen controls now load when the device auto-locks
    - Fixed bug when playing a previously saved playlist, where it has been seen as overwritten if you selected another file not from that playlist
    - Fixed bug when loading a previously saved playlist which contained tracks from the Music Library - in which case the artwork was never loaded (now it does)
    - Fixed playlist swipe-to-delete crash
    - Fixed CoverFlow statusbar lag
    - Fixed bugs with blank artist/album/song names in Music Library
    - The application will now auto-run if it wasn't running and play button is pressed either from the lock-screen controls or the home double-tap controls
    NOTE: If the app is ran from the lock screen, the device automatically unlocks (instead of running in background automatically). I haven't found any way yet to run an app in background (launchApplicationWithIdentifier:suspended: has been disabled on 2.1 firmware)

2008-10-01 - Beta 2
    - Fixed a few playlist issues
    - Fixed CoverFlow crash when having a blank music library
    - Fixed Music Library screen crash when having a blank music library

2008-09-29 - Beta 1
    First beta available.
  2. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    PwnPlayer is getting along very well! the app is so much smoother than the earlier betas, and is very close to a full MobileMusicPlayer replacement.only thing it needs now is video funticon, and i can poof my ipod.app for ever

Please Register or Log in to view images

i just love it! thank you very much for this app errrick!
  3. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    dude cant wait till it is completely stable so nothing will go wrong
  4. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

OMG, i cant wait for this.

It says 'pen' in the title

5. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    This will be awesome! I hope it comes out soon.
  6. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Damn I can't wait for this!
  7. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

brill
    we should make media.app

Photos, PwnPlayer and other files
  8. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    yeah we should do that but that will come later
  9. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    where can i download this??
  10. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ok. i want this BADLY. but i also want to be able to control it by double tapping the home button.