Penguin problem, Unable to restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by penguinkiller, Sep 2, 2009.

1. penguinkiller

penguinkiller New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    32gb Ipod 1G, Mac OSX 10.5.8.

Keep getting the penguin with iphonelinux.org underneath it after it recently tried to restore to 3.0.

Have tried all kinds of different firmwares from 1.1.1 to 3.0 pwnd and unpwnd but none manage to restore. I find if I put it in dfu mode, the latest version of itunes pulls it out of dfu and the penguin shows on the screen and itunes says its in recovery mode. Furthest I have managed to get with it is have the latest itunes restore 3.0 almost all the way (full bar) but then it fails while verifying the firmware and i get an error (6).

DFU restore doesnt seem to help in this case as the ipod gets recognized with nothing on the screen but in older versions of itunes firmware does not restore and i get 1601 or 1602 errors and newer versions of itunes pull it out of the full black screen dfu mode.

Any help or advise would be appreciated!!
    Have spent hours trying to restore this thing. But so far its stuck on the penguin and unable to boot up.
  2. penguinkiller

penguinkiller New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, only getting error (14) now, everything goes alright till it tries to verify.

I'm now on osx 10.6.0 and itunes 9.0