Peace Out

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by dualcorex, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

Ever since the beginning of the creation of ipodtouchfans i have been willing to help. I joined this site two days after it was up and running and bought my ipod the day it was released. I remember the corny layout with the ipod buttons at top. Jailbreaking was just getting started and the site was very lively. People were jailbreaking their ipods using the original 74 steps. However i waited for an all in one application because i was very cautious. Now i feel like i am an expert at jailbreaking and fixing problems with them.

As the community grew, so did the ideas. Many different themes came out and many new apps were released.

I have been a loyal member of ipodtouchfans. I have helped a lot of people through the forum, on aim, and through pm's; Everything from installing themes to app troubles. I have tried my best to be respectful to every member and to act as a positive member of this community. Throughout my stay here i accomplished a few things:

-I created the original Leopard based theme. It was a catalyst for toomuchcaffine's Ultimate Leopard theme which became a huge success.

-I created a successful Vista theme. Others at the time weren’t complete. Vista Maximus eventually took over on that one as well.

-I created the Please Scam Thumb Theme, making an invisible tapper bar. Was a catalyst for full invisible themes.

-I opened an Avatar Workshop. I give 60% credit to Chucky102 because i used his template. However i enjoyed making those icons for people and im glad people liked them.

-I got an article up on the front page. Yipeee!

I also started the 'Getting a girlfriend' thread. For those of you who read it you know my predicament. I really appreciate all that helped me on that thread, even though it did not work out in the end. I have taken a lot of your guys's advice and i am definitely more confident now. Once i again thank you.
    I want to thank many of you for giving me the light in believing homosexuals should have entire equal rights. If it wasn’t for you I still would not believe what I do now.

Ever since the new year, there has been a spurt of new users joining, which is great. However they all ask the same questions. Now i dont have a problem with noobs(we all were one at one point), however there are too many noobs on this forum. The forum got cluttered so new mods were installed to clean up the messes.

Due to the recent installment of stricter rules, people have been getting banned left and right. Most of them for stupid bits, however some were for very legitimate reasons and i applaud the mods for doing their 'job'.

The reason i am leaving is because of my recent ban. I was banned because i double posted. I double posted in my own thread in which i was taking time out of my day and go out of my way to help people. I also double posted in another of my threads i spent 15 min typing. I devoted some of my time to help people understand the pricing for the 3g iphone. Neither of these threads are very popular so i thought i was not being intrusive. I did not contribute negatively to the site by double posting nor did i hurt anyone's feelings or damage anyone in any way. I the rules have gotten so restrictive that if for what i did is bannable then i dont want to be part of this forum because I will probably always do what I currently do. There are people on this forum that have flamed, been mean, and negative in the past month that have had neither warnings nor infractions. So if I get banned for what i did, which was completely menial, and others are not getting in trouble for harsher 'crimes' then i feel i am being wronged. For that i must leave.

For all you revolutionaries out there i am changing my avatar. The avatar you will see from now on was my very first avatar when i joined this forum. Blast from the past! lol.

I am joining modmyifone and i will be active there.
    I might post here in a few months but i will never again be as active as i am.
    I will answer any last time questions in this thread for 2 days and then I am leaving.

I want to thank all of you who were great. Have fun with your ipods.

P.S. 1,100 Posts!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

made it to 1100 posts. peace
  3. SUPERBXD

SUPERBXD Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Your Leaving?
    :[ i want more themes !
  4. Autumnboard

Autumnboard Banned

5 Stars.

I remember that girlfriend thread, back when i was with my girlfriend. Also the puberty sucks thread lol. PEACE OUT....by the way did you ever get a girlfriend

What was the thread that was closed...nevermind I'll just check crime and punishment.
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Leaving the forum is your choice, and I respect that. However, the rules say no double posting, and unfortunately for you there are no exceptions. I guess in cases such as this is it is up to the discretion of the moderator. You have done great things here, and I am saddened to see you go, as I looked up to you, among others, when I first joined. However, rules are rules, and some people have adapted well, some have not, and others are caught in a slightly different situation. (In this case yourself.)
  6. carlos!

carlos! Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    imo it was stupid of them to ban you.
    what about people who double post in a tutorial thread because their post is to long.
    thats an exception.
    its bullsh*t.
    infract me all you want.
    because thats what this has gotten to, bullsh*t.
  7. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You were banned, not for double posting, but for continuing to double post after being warned repeatedly. That is all I have to say.
  8. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well you gave it a good run. I remember back in the day when you first made ultimate leopard. Now thats a blast from the past. I have to say that today IPTF will be losing a great member. You were one of my favorite theme creators on this site. I agree that your temporary banning for a double post was way too harsh. You were only trying to help people, like you have always done. I will truely miss your theme-making brilliance. May you have the best of luck on Modmyiphone. Im sure you will be as helpful there as you were here. You will be truley missed. Goodbye.
  9. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    No one get on my case for saying this, but that, in my opinion, is certainly reasonable grounds for a ban under our new structure.

A warning should not go unheeded, and that's not just for an internet forum.
  10. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Aww..

Well first of all, I am very sad to see you go. You were one of the more intelligent posters on this forum, and I think you might have helped me with a problem or two back in the day.

I agree with you, in my opinion the ban was too harsh, but I wouldnt take it personally, lots of people have been getting banned/infracted lately. I personally think the rules should be toned down a bit, but its not my choice, sadly.

I wish you the best of luck in life, and on modmyifone. Your contributions to this forum will always be appreciated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.