PDF - not landscape

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by malcoolm, Nov 10, 2007.

1. malcoolm

malcoolm New Member

reading PDF in normal mode, not landscape is a pain in the arse

Please Register or Log in to view images

when can we except pdfviewer with horizontal mode?

greets!
  2. hyung

hyung New Member

I've been using an iPod touch for only a few hours (!), love it, and I noticed that it looks like not a lot of apps are utilizing the ability to turn. It must be difficult to program in properly? Anyway, if the pdfViewer people are reading this, I'd love to see that feature too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sort of expecting to see one OSS dev figure it out and then others will follow suit.
  3. CloudGaze

CloudGaze New Member

Just use Safari to read PDFs, it is able to handle portrait mode very well and you can read all your files offline (providing you install apache or equivalent).
  4. MaTiCeK

MaTiCeK New Member

I can't safari always wants to have a internet connection and if it doesn't have it, it doesn't work. Do you know a workaround?
  5. CloudGaze

CloudGaze New Member

It will require some geeking, but not really hard to do:

Some threads to help you out:

General Guides:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3182&highlight=pdf* (read the whole thread for hints on increasing the harddisk size allocated to documents. Also, you can optionally ignore the PDF application and just use Safari instead).

Another guide:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3081&highlight=pdf*

Note: each uses their own preferred software to connect to the Touch, pick your favorite.

Good luck

6. thelefthand

thelefthand New Member

The links are broken, you miss to put all the link!!
  7. Delta420

Delta420 New Member

I read pdf's a different way. I use Mail.app
    I just send my-self the pdf from my pc to my gmail account. Regardless of the size ( i have 1 im reading right now 477 pages or something 7.5mb's ) It works fine, landscape and all. Depending on the size of your pdf it will take some time to d/l it so be patient. the other thing is you need wifi to initially download the pdf but then to my knowledge, as long as you dont reboot your ipod touch, the pdf will be in your mail's cache.

Yep, I just turned wifi off and checked. Works great, just dont reboot your ipod and only works for 1 at a time.
  8. CloudGaze

CloudGaze New Member

Sorry for that, I copied an answer I posted few days ago and it seems something changed with the links. I have edited the post to include working links.

Good luck

9. malcoolm

malcoolm New Member

is anybody working on it ? i mean landscape ?

10. Blazecc

Blazecc New Member

Pages

Ok, so I have all my world of Darkness books in PDF on my iTouch. It's pretty cool for a 'convenient' reference but i have 1 or 2 MAJOR problems with it. 1, 400+ pages and no way to skip to a certain page (that I can find). This leads to OUTRAGEOUS load times. 2, software is still a little buggy, it's almost like it doesn't like dealing with PDF's over 100 pages or so. Half of a page will load at a time, and while trying to get the rest in focus, I end up in blue space, not even on the page anymore. The idea is great, just needs a little tweaking to make it perfect.

Thanks guys
    ~~Blaze