PC-Using Touch Owners: What do you think of Apple?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by bsonk, Oct 24, 2008.

1. bsonk

bsonk New Member

What do exclusive PC users not like about Macs? Is it the DRM'd music, the non-upgradeable (excluding RAM/HDDs) consumer-level computers? The lack of standards such as HDMI and SD card ports? The underclocked mobile GPUs? The Mac Tax? Have I just named every (actually quite easy-to-fix) issues with Macs that people have?

Just so you don't think I'm a PC fanboy, I'll have you know that I run a 2.4 ghz MBP Penryn and love and cherish it. My Windows partition is only 32GB! (same size as my Touch) In fact, the one family PC in my household crapped out a good 3 years ago, whereas my old iMac G4 still zips along running Ubuntu.
  2. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

I like macs, if money wasn't an issue I would get one , but as a windows user the thing that most pisses me off about Apple is the really sh*tty iTunes we have to suffer through on a daily basis.

I have 3 gigs of RAM and even then sometimes I just want to kick the crap out of anyone connected with this sh*t.
  3. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I agree, apple did a horrable job porting itunes, safari, and ect to windows. At least when M$ ported IE to mac back on system 8 they actually rewrote the code natively for mac so it ran good. Apple on the other hand just ported their graphic engine and code, which as shown doesnt work to well even on higher end machenes.

Honestly I think it is some sort of marketing ploy for apple to show how "bad" pc's are in order to urge you into buying a mac. But thats just my oppinion....
  4. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    ^^^Same here, money has to be the biggest issue for me! They're so expensive. iTunes and Safari are crazy resource hogs!!
  5. tgluak

tgluak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Eh, I don't see the big deal about Mac hardware. I have OSX running on my computer but I am too used to Windows to permanently switch over to OSX. I also play alot of games which havnt been ported to OSX yet.
    Also, why aren't Macs counted as PCs?
  6. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Money is the issue, I hate my PC, I want a Mac Notebook.
  7. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Because it's like learning a new language while living in America. Sure it's cool, but what's the point?
  8. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

I prefer Apple computers. But my old MacBook just died and I don't have the money for a new one. So I'm stuck with my roommates crappy Dell.
  9. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

I dislike everything mentioned in the first post. I also think that Apple overcharges like mad on their hardware.

I'm also just used to Windows I guess. If I wanted to use mac, I'd get OSX86.

EDIT: And also, a lot of Mac users in my area are the snobby rich kids who are firmly convinced that they are better than you. I guess that doesn't help Apple much.
  10. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    haha i agree too, I have a buisness class computer and sometimes I just wanna throw my PC out the window. I honestly considered getting a Zune at one point. I just hate iTunes on PCs