PC to Mac. Can I do it?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Greggo777, May 5, 2009.

1. Greggo777

Greggo777 New Member

Hi, bought a mac mini to replace my dated PC laptop.

If it's possible can someone please explain how to transfer all my itunes music & apps from PC to Mac? And for the Mac to at least recognise the Ipod Touch!!! I'm assuming but hoping it's not the case that because the Itouch is formatted to work on the PC, then the Mac won't pick it up and therefore I can't use the Ipod to transfer the files?! Is that the case - any way around it?

I do have a portable hard drive (FAT32), can I use that to transfer the files somehow and then reformat the Itouch for use on the Mac and lastly copy the files back onto the Ipod (this time through the Mac)?

Many thanks if someone can help, I don't fancy starting my collection from scratch again (already done that once after trading my Zen in for the Touch).

Cheers.
  2. Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    BRIEF: copy all music, apps, etc or whatever you want to be on your mac onto portable HDD (still in FAT32 -- NOTE: NO FILES OVER 2GB!! They will NOT work). Copy onto new mac. Drag into iTunes. Sync iPod as normal.

OR

Take your PC and new Mac into an Apple store. A genius will do it all for you.
  3. Greggo777

Greggo777 New Member

That simple? I had it in my head that iTunes somehow restricted copying over like that. Will give it a go. Thanks.