PC Monitoring idea

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by jo282, Feb 17, 2009.

1. jo282

jo282 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    PC Monitoring Tools

Hi everyone,

Firt off all, i have to say that i`m french so.. sorry for my english, i`ll try to be more comprensible as possible...

I got an idea of an application that would be nice for me and other pc gaming fans. If someone could do it, it would be very nice.

Simply, a pc monitoring utility for ipod touch... I mean show cpu temp, cpu usage, ram usage and maybe video card temp and usage on IpodT screen. It would be nice to know the temp of my cards while paying without pressing alt-tab and open Catalyst Control Center or RivaTuner or SpeedFan.

I hope that everybody understand... if not, so just ask me and i`ll try to answer you.

Thanks,
    Jonathan
  2. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know what you mean. check out this site? www.freewarefiles.com

It supplies loads of free software. Mainly for windows computers. and under utilities or system tools in the categories you might find something.

GoodLck!
  3. jo282

jo282 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Humm... Yeah thanks but i mean an application for the ipod touch. Like the computer send monitoring information to the ipod via wifi and the apps display it in a graphical user interface. Is that possible ? I think it is cause i think saw a similar homebrew on psp last year before i brick it

Please Register or Log in to view images

or maybe justs an lfs outgauge... not sure

Here is a fast example made in paint :

Here`s a link to the psp homebrew of pc monitoring... http://www.pspgen.com/pc-monitor-alpha-5-tout-savoir-son-pc-via-psp-actualite-46182.html thats wath i mean but, for ipod touch. Maybe someone could port this to ipod cause if its possible on PSP its also on ipod

Edit : I saw that iStats can make it but only for mac...

i think it would more usefull on windows cause mac is not for gaming.
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  5. jo282

jo282 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes exactly, it would be awesome cause mac is not for gaming so i dont see the point of monitoring cpu and ram.

So is somebody could do it ?

Thanks
  6. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Okay, I'm just downloading the SDK, if anyone can give me any help in the meantime, I'd love it, add me on msn : jprincey2k8@hotmail.com
  7. jo282

jo282 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok so ZunePod is downloading the sdk and he will start making the apps. I he need help i`ll be helping it but i dont have a lot of experience in programation so if ANYONE want to help us, PM me.

Thanks
  8. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I've had a play with the SDk and I think I know how to do this, but I need someone to make a windows client, and I will give more details on what data it spits out etc. MSN me: jprincey2k8@hotmail.com