PC Headset... Not iPod

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by imranh101, Jul 18, 2010.

1. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hey, I know this is *kinda* in the wrong section but it is the headphones section and I want some opinions on this.
    I have always wanted surround sound on my PC and I cant have speakers due to my family.
    I am going to get a surround sound headset. I am looking into about $80 shipped tops... These are my best choices so far, as far as I can tell.
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-7-1-...eadset/dp/B001O5CCQK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
    That one actually only has 1 speaker in each ear but reviews are great and most of them say the surround is actually REALLY good.
    http://www.amazon.com/Force-HPA2-Su...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279506070&sr=8-1
    That one actually has 4 speakers in each ear, a front, center, rear, and sub. This one has good reviews also, and the reviews also say good surround.

I've always liked logitech, and both are originally $130....
    Which would you choose and why?
    Note this is JUST for gaming, not musice.
  2. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

Eh, if you really want surround sound, get the Audio Technia AD-700. The soundstage is so large that it's pretty much surround sound.
    But out of those choices I would get the Logitech.
  3. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hey. Thanks for your input. I would like one more specifically advertised to have surround sound. It also needs a mic as it's only for gaming. I'm also looking at "Tritton" brand... Seams to be pretty good but I'm not sure.
  4. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What game do you intend to play with the headset? I'm assuming it's fps...so like cs?
  5. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    That is correct. Also, I pretty much gave up on Surround Sound because mostly seems like a gimmick. Im now just looking at a nice headset with a mic. Under $80 shipped is my price. Thanks for helping.... Show me some headsets you'd recommend.
    Also, they should be USB because I just have built in sound-card and don't want to buy another one, and a 3.5mm headset that I spent $80 on without a real sound card is stupid, like using an HD cable on a Non-HD TV.
  6. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think any logitech headset below 80 will do for games like cs. I have one for 1.6 that I paid about $50 that works just fine.
    you won't be able to buy lot more than logitech or some other generic brand for under $80.

might be lucky to find sennheiser headset used for under 80
  7. Mz8691

Mz8691 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Real surround sound ftw. lol.
  8. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Well, I have a logitech headset right now that I payed $30 for but the sound quality is more than dissapointing, which is why I was looking for a new headset... Looking at some brands including
    Turtle Beach
    Sennheiser
    Creative
    Logitech
    Anything else with good reviews on amazon.
    Thanks for your help, and if you can suggest anythign else feel free to.
  9. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if you can stretch your budget...sennheiser pc350 will be more than enough
    I had it for couple weeks and it was pretty awesome. Not worth the price especially since I don't play competitively so I didn't need $300 gaming headsets so I just bought senn IE8 instead.

I see many console gamers using the turtle beach, tritton, or astro
  10. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hey guys. Im thinking maybe I'll get a $20 desktop mic, and then buy a normal pair of cans instead of buying a headset. Im betting I could get better sound phones that way : A $20 mic would leave me with around $60 for the phones... Problem is using em with my PC I don't have a sound card, just a built in Realtek HD and I'm not sure if I'd be getting max potential with that... and most USB Headsets have a built in sound card... Advice?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Yeah I was looking at those and saw this... My dad is the card holder in the house so he may choose not to buy them from here, but this amazon seller has them for around $70 refurbed. That's almost 1/4 price...
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&qid=1279756770&sr=1-22&condition=refurbished
    And that seller has 97% rating so it sounds good to me. Hoping dad will say yes because Sennheiser is my favorite can company. My sister has a crappy pair but My dad used to have a nice pair.