Paying in the Cydia Store

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by W00DI, Mar 6, 2009.

1. W00DI

W00DI New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    How will we pay?

Do you have to enter credit card info just to be eligible for the Cydia Store?

Tip:
    Posted by seang5041

Good Idea

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  3. Casual18

Casual18 Banned

Cydia is going to sell us out.
    He's going to sell all our Iphone/Ipod info to apple and they gon come and get YOU.
    Saurik better come and explain how the hell he is going to maintain this store without apple going on dem. cuz if it doesn't happen then something quite weird is going on.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

The Cydia Store is good for Apple, believe it or not. Having the Cydia Store sprig up weakens others' arguments about Apple being monopolistic and having too tight of a grip on things. "If this could arise, then we musn't be as bad as everyone thinks."

Also, Apple can't fight it for the same reason they should love this. They will appear anti competitive and will have to face trying to legitimize it's monopoly.

The only chance they have to fight this is via making jailbreakig illegal.

However, this itselfnposes a quandry for Apple, as it proved there is a demand for jailbreak: strengthening the EFF's argument and increasing the chances of a DMCA exemption.

I am paraphrasing, of course, our resident copyright lawyer who can't see a single flaw with re idea of the Cydia Store.

Trust, this has been completely and fully thought out by saurik and his lawyers.
  5. Casual18

Casual18 Banned

Ok. But just it's off jailbroken(and apple doesn't like it at all).Apple is going to find a way. Competitive or not it was created on something apple is trying to make illegal. What happens if they succeed in doing so.Will the Cydia store just vanish???
  6. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

What are you smoking? Stop trying to start up another "Red Scare."
  7. Casual18

Casual18 Banned

But being a conspiracy theorist is so funnnyyyyyy

Just i don't need a bill on my iphone bill saying

"Apple Got you Cydia helped

now pay up 2,000$"
  8. lightningdude

lightningdude New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    According to the WSJ article, Saurik is diligently checking his email for something from Apple. That, and they stated that he already has an attorney at the ready, in case Apple should try something.

Does that clarify anything?

Edit: Sorry, didn't see Skylar's post before posting this.
  9. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

They can't do that wihout first bringing you to court to prove that you broke their contract. It would be a civil offense, in that instance.

If you're worried about Apple getting your UDID, I'd be more worried about Installer. Every repo query sends out your UDID when you use Installed. All Apple would have to do is pay the Installer cats some money to get a Community Source repo posted. Then they can collect UDIDs like the day is long. And this scenario is FAR more likely than the Cydia Store scenario you present.

Besides, your UDID is already out there. That's how we know that 1.7 million devices have been jailbroken.
  10. Wiizz

Wiizz New Member

Hope he introduces a Paypal Method. I'm not going to get myself into the debate as there are some good points on both sides.