Paving the way for a iPod Touch front camera....

Discussion in 'WWDC 2010 (June 7-11)' started by Toilet Duck, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just been watching the metablogs, and some thing's just occurred to me.

Besides a few disappointments for the iPhone 4 like only a 32Gb capacity. If the apple video chat is going to become an open standard, and work only on wifi to begin with. Then surely the next thing on the horizon has to be a front facing camera for the next iPod Touch (iPod Touch 4?)
  2. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    possibly... there will definitely be a camera though, i just hope its flat
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Don't think it will ever happen because then it will be too similar to the iPhone and will essentially "compete" with it. IMO if it does get a camera it will be rear camera.
  4. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    remember the prototype with the camera, I really hope its flat like iPhone 4
  5. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

I'd hope it comes with a front-facing camera. Would be nice. But even a back camera would be nice. 3mp like the 3GS is fine for me.
  6. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just thought, does this mean that the itouch won't go bigger than 64gb this year?!
  7. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Maybe, it wouldn't surprise me, however it will mean even more features.
  8. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Like a cool hip and trendy gyroscope? Comes with free length of Apple branded string in the box to get it started, but they'll charge you big bucks if you loose your string

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    How so? People buy the iphone over the ipod touch because they want a phone and buy an ipod touch over the iphone because they don't want a phone or are locked in a contract or any number of other reasons. If someone chooses one over the other it probably doesn't mater to apple. They get paid ether way.

The only reason the iPod touch lacks some things the iPhone has is more likely a cost thing. Adding a gps, camera or anything to the iPT and the price will go up for the consumer. Add this that and the kitchen sink to the iphone and the consumer never sees that extra cost because the phones are subsidized by the carriers.

I'm sure the ipod touch and ipad will get cameras eventually.
  10. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

I'd say then we will likely see the 4 design. With the back camera and mic. But no speaker/front-face camera on the front. And the camera could stay 5mp or they place the 3GS camera in there for video at 3mp which is decent enough for it. At least it will have iOS 4.0 and have multitasking and stuff.

And really we don't need it bigger than 64gb. You can surely fit enough videos,songs and apps on there. Plus they normally have only 2/3 sizes and I like the smallest as its cheapest. So I am hoping for the 32gb