Path & Filename

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by DanielT, Mar 12, 2010.

1. DanielT

DanielT New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I used to use MediaMonkey so I'm in need of a bit of advice as per iTunes.

Why can I not display in my songs list a column with the folder/path and actual filename?

I have TONS of audio that was not purchased or downloaded, nor ripped from CD, there's a lot of rogue media which I only recognize by filename and path. For example, I have dozens of soundtracks from old PC games and such, which are showing up in the library with album either blank or just called "Game" as an example, and the title called "track1" or something from the game but there's no way for me to recognize what it is without being able to see the path & filename.

I suppose going forward someone starting from scratch in this day & age would likely have a very well organized and ID-tagged collection, but I'm talking about files that date back more than 20 years in some cases!

Any add-on or hack that will let iTunes show a column with filename and path?

I suppose I could always go back to MediaMonkey just for synching my music.
  2. DanielT

DanielT New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Well, lack of response by anyone and the fact that I've searched everywhere in iTunes leads me to believe it is not possible. Apparently Apple has the firmly held belief that without exception, every customer in the world using their software does not need to see a path & filename.

MediaMonkey Gold works GREAT! So I use that for my music synchronization and iTunes for applications.