Patch Idea!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by gadgetsboyj, Jan 18, 2008.

1. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

I have an idea. It may be possible for somebody to create a patch that changes the iPod Touch to make it exactly like 1.1.3. The patch would make the iPod and iTunes think that its running 1.1.3. Then, it will add everything included in the $20.00 software upgrade (iPhone Apps, Home Pages web shortcuts, rearrange icon order, etc...). Then, it would make it so the Home Screen rearrange wouldn't interfere with Customize so if you change something in one place, it won't change in another. Finally, when you plug you iPod Touch into your Computer, it will think its an iPod Touch with the Software Upgrade. I think somebody can do it. I mean if they made a full Jailbreak from a Web Browser using a TIFF glitch, I think they can do this. Maybe soon this will end up in Installer. I hope so.

Please Register or Log in to view images

This would also mean that you can keep all of your apps and never have to reinstall everything too.

2. Delta420

Delta420 New Member

I believe that has been talked about in another thread its just modifying the firmware but it has to be the exact same size as original.
  3. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

What?

Why would it have to be the same size? Exactly what would have to be the same size as what?

4. berky93

berky93 New Member

it would have to be the same size as the 1.1.3 firmware because if you duplicate the firmware it must include EVERY file or else something could get borken.
  5. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

it has to be the same exact size because itunes uses a checksum, if the firmware is even one byte off it regards it as "corrupted"

it would be much easier to just jailbreak 1.1.3
  6. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah, sounds like a lot of work. lol, the day after this is finished 1.1.3 will be Jailbroken.