Password Lock SbSettings? Also Block deleting of apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Unregistered, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Is there a way to password lock sbsettings, so you couldn't go in safe mode, or see certain apps? Also, I'm on 4.1 and I cannot find an app that stops you from deleting apps.
  2. n0va

n0va Banned

maybe if you copyed the appstore app folder over into the folder where the system apps are, it will treat it as an app that can't be deleted
  3. Sanketh99

Sanketh99 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There are apps on CYDIA like locktopus... I think that's whatits called
  4. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Lockdown and Locktopus only lock more and do not lock the actual thing.You can always make activator open it a different way. I used mine to activate only when I press the headset buttons together so that its like a key.
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thats the thing... iProtect, Locktopus, ect do not actually work. They don't stop you from deleting apps or getting into sbsettings.
  6. kthxbai

kthxbai New Member

Soo...

I can't seem to find an answer anywhere to whether SBSettings has or will have a password lock feature. I'm setting up iPads (4.2.1) for my company to use. So, naturally, I used 'poof' in SBSettings to hide apps like games, settings, videos, blahblah. BUT, If someone decides to swipe the status bar, or accidentally does, opens SBSettings, then goes to 'more', they can see the 'hide apps', open it, and unhide. Not good. Plus there's other things they could mess with.

What would be IDEAL is, if someone does happen to find SBSettings, they will be prompted for a password in order to open it. I don't know if this is a feature already and I just can't figure it out, or if this is something that could maybe be implemented in the near future. Would be so sweet. Thoughts/ideas/info anyone? kthxbai!