Password for Wifi and iTunes problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davisfan, Apr 24, 2009.

1. davisfan

davisfan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey guys, i don't know if anyone has ever had this problem, but ive been searching for an answer and I can't really find one...

I have this problem where whenever I log into appstore or wifi and try to connect... the password box only lets me do only ONE entry (Numbers or letters). I don't know how to resolve this problem and was hoping someone here knows what the heck is happenning to my iphone 3g. Btw it's jailbroken with 2.2. Let me know! Thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Upgrade to 2.2.1, jailbreak it, use: 3G Baseband Downgrade from Cydia, install yellowsn0w and it should be fixed, your iPhone will be still unlocked and upgraded

Please Register or Log in to view images

I do not have an iPhone but I did that with my friend's iPhone.
  3. davisfan

davisfan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    mmm you made it sound pretty easy... is there a tutorial that you used? i really don't wanna mess up my iphone =(. Or is there a simpler way to fix my problem? did your friend also have this problem?
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Its as easy as it sounds..........
  5. davisfan

davisfan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    really? haha cuz i keep reading the dev-team blog and they say...

# GOLDEN RULE: If you have a 3G iPhone running 2.2 firmware and you want to keep your ability to use yellowns0w (or the option to use it in the future) do NOT use QuickPwn, and do not use the official ipsw or the iTunes update process without using PwnageTool.

which kind of freaks me out... haha. sorry i wasnt the one to jailbreak and unlock my phone.. but yeah, would it be better to stay with 2.2 or just update to 2.2.1?