iOS 3.1 Passcode lock (immediately only)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dae06, Feb 1, 2010.

1. dae06

dae06 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have a 1G itouch and recently upgraded to the 3.1.2 version. In my old version (and my colleges 3.1 version) I could select it to require a password entry in an hour. Now my only selection is immediately.

This is a pain. I use this many times a day and do not want to enter my password 50 times a day.

Just incase someone thinks I'm doing it wrong, here are the steps I took to change it:

setting> general> passcode lock (on)> enter passcode> click on require passcode.

Immediately is checked and there are no other options. I had a few options on my old version, as do my colleges on there itouches running the 3.1 version.

Any ideas?
  2. SoahmZ

SoahmZ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try reinstalling 3.1.2
    I had various of problems when I first updated (not related to lock mechanism), and a reinstallation of the iPhone OS from scratch fixed everything.
  3. dae06

dae06 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I figured it out. It was my Exchange account at work. I had to turn the SSL off and then I was able to have mulitple selections.

I selected 4 hours, but it would only allow me to have a 1 hour selection. Still better than immediately.

Here are the steps I used for those who come accross this thread:

Go to you exchange mail account> Account info> turn off SSL> Go back to the General icon and select> Passcode lock (on)> enter passcode> Require Passcode> select the one you want, or what your account allows> Turn SSL back on.

Done