Partitioning

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by eric_chaos, Jul 1, 2009.

1. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have a 750gb HDD. I started off with Just Vista on it. I made a seperate partition for my documents. So I had a 400gb partition for Windows and programs, and a 300gb partition for documents. I've since then installed Windows 7 on a newer partition. I only intended to try Windows 7, so I made the partition only 30gb. But I like it, and want to delete the 400gb partition and get that space back. But, that is the primary partition, and I can't delete it. I can shrink it, but I can only get 27gb out of it. There would still be over 300gb on that partition, that I want to add to my Windows 7 Partition.

So how can I go about removing that partition? Can I manually delete everything off that partition, then shrink it?
  2. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    are you using the default windows partition tool?

cause if you look into better partition managers you should be able to get more out of it. Just keep in mind they come with a warning, there can be unintened or undesired outcomes.

Also make sure to defrag all the partitions before you repartition, this will cut down on problems you may encounter.
  3. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Use Gparted like he ^ said.

Or any ubuntu live cd you may have around