partition troubles

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by rb26dett, May 6, 2009.

1. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok heres the story i got bored one day and decided that i would run bootcamp and install vista on my macbook.... bad idea i know but any way after about an hour i decided it was stupid so i used disk utility to try to erase the partition and i thought it worked but it didnt and now every time i boot up it trys to boot into windows but theres nothing there so it just tells me to insert the boot disk and wont do anything else so when i boot i have to hold option just to get to osx and boot camp says it cant restore the partition because its not the right format or somthing so idk if its just me being stupid or what but any help getting this partition gone is appreciated
  2. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Go to system prefs > startup disk and select the system you wanna start with.
  3. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    u have to delete the partition to remove the option 2 boot 2 vista.
  4. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ive tried but disk utility says its erased it but it will still show the partition on the desktop and boot camp just says somthing about a wrong format
  5. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    use bootcamp i use paralles because i just got my macbook and im little scared about partition but you can use bootcamp assistant to get rid of the partition
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, sorry I'm kinda gonna high jack this thread because I have similar problems. I haz Leopard partitioned with Vista, I don't use Vista and so I wanted to delete it. So if I use Bootcamp or DiskUtility will that put all the space that was designated for Vista on the Leopard partition? Also, I guess I (and by that I mean my friend) messed up partitioning it and formatted it wrong, so that it is case sensitive and therefore I can't use Photoshop. Is there any way I can change the format without the install disks? I'm still looking (it's been like a week...)
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You need to use the Bootcamp Utility to erase it! Not Disk Utility!