Partion Problem

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by hooger, Jul 22, 2008.

1. hooger

hooger Banned

Well I'm trying to partition my Hitachi 500GB Serial ATA hard drive, but I've encountered some problems.

I have tried numerous partitioning programs, all with great failure. I've tried Gparted, Paragon, Ubuntun's live CD utility, even windows vista and xp.

They all do not work... Paragon says the partition is "BAD", gparted just won't do anything, Ubuntu says i have to create a new partition table. Vista says pretty much the same thing, and paragon says that the disk already has four primary partitions, which can't be true.

So I think it's a Partition Table problem, but i am unsure how to fix it. I am trying to dualboot vista x86, and x64. I recently had to format the HDD after a Mac OSx86 went wrong, and I reverted to Vista (x86). I fear that may have caused some damage but I don't know how to go about fixing it. I'm looking to triple boot like i have in the past (vista, ubuntu, OSx86 or x64 vista)

Any suggestions?

Also a format is out of the question, I do not want to have to re-do everything for the 4th time

Please Register or Log in to view images

If it can be avoided of course...