Paper Toss Review

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Xtreme Touch, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This Review of Paper Toss is brought to you by Xtreme iPhone

Paper Toss

Info

Please Register or Log in to view images

Name: Paper Toss
    Developer: Backflip Studios
    Post Date: 6 June 2009
    Version: 1.0 (iPhone OS 3.0 Tested)
    Size: 5.2 MB
    Age Rating: 4+

What is Paper Toss?

Paper Toss is a free game made by Backflip Studios. The aim of the game is to toss a paper ball in a office like scene and get as many in the bin as possible to beat your own record and other peoples records from around the world.

Gameplay

What you have to try and do, is to get the paper ball into the bin as many times as you can to try and beat your high score as well as other players high scores that they have uploaded to the online score board. There are three levels to choose from, Easy, Medium and Hard. These difficulties are based on the length, easy for a short throw and hard for a long throw. Keeping this in mind, there is also a fan blowing wind to make it more challenging, It shows a meter of how strong the wind is so you have to measure your throw as well as you can otherwise it will blow either side and you will not get it into the bin.

Visuals

The graphical detail in this game is quite incredible for a free game of such, and the animation of the ball spinning and hitting and bouncing off the bin and the fan spinning is amazing. It all looks pretty realistic and feels like you are actually in an office tossing a ball in a bin. I hope to see that the iPhone OS 3.0 brings the detail of graphics like this game has.

Controls

To toss the ball, you flick your finger up into the direction you want it to go and the ball will start heading that way, the fan will then push it over into the bin or out of the bin. It depends on how well you timed it. It took me quite a while to get used to the fan movements but without it, it wouldn't be challenging would it? Overall i think that they nailed the controls quite nicely.

Audio

The sounds are quite amusing. When you throw the paper ball a long way off you here a guy scream out "OI! Im trying to work!" and other various sounds like that. When the ball hits the ground it makes a noise like a any other paper ball that hits the ground... Office noises like typing on the keyboard give it a good effect. Overall, pretty good in the audio section of things.

Value

This is one of the best free games i have seen if not the best, and it not being a "lite" version either, this makes the game a hell of a lot better, But i don't think it is going to be free for long, so hurry and get it while it's still free. So why not try it? You've got nothing to lose!

Video

Here is a short gameplay video of the game. *I did not make this video*

Rating

Gameplay - 4
    Visuals - 4.5
    Audio - 4
    Controls - 4
    Value - 4.5

Attached Files:

2. Education

Education Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is an excellent review. You described the gameplay, controls, visuals and audio really nicely. I noticed you repeated yourself at the beginning of the review, so you should fix that. There wasn't any spelling errors only mistakes in punctuation. Once again, this is an excellent review, good job!

Errors

• [*]You repeated yourself.
      [*]You missed the ' for people's.

Errors

• [*]It shouldn't have a capital I.
      [*]One part of the sentence didn't make sense.

Errors

• [*]You missed a ' for I'm.
      [*]You don't need the a, other wise it won't make sense.
    • Office should be spelled in lower case.

Errors

• [*]But should be spelled in lower case or else swap the comma with a full stop.
  3. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    IMGs would look best centered

overall great review!!

(hope to see more)
  4. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok, ill work on my punctuation a little harder =P Too lazy to update it now, got to go to bed soon
  5. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wow...

talk about being nippy.
  6. beebop

beebop New Member

wow... just wow

give him a break, it was an awesome review
  7. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nah, its fine, i love a big of criticism. I know.. I do spell like crap tho, Thank god for auto correct!
  8. Education

Education Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't see why people are complaining about me because I'm helping him correct his errors. I didn't say that it was a bad review, not anywhere in my comment did I say that. Just because I'm pointing out the errors in his review doesn't mean I'm saying it is a bad review. I know, I'm even pointing out the minor errors that don't even matter but honestly, I'm just trying to help him improve his review.
  9. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah...

i know i didn't say that you called it bad.

It's just that...

you pointed out the most minor mistakes, which people could esily work out when reading..

e.g. peoples (people would know that he means peoples').

That's all...
  10. Education

Education Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was talking to beebop about calling it bad. I think you read my post before i edited it. I added that I know I am correcting the minor mistakes but I'm just trying to help him improve and make his review perfect.