Pandora with U.S. VPN Overseas?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by ThePickler, Jun 24, 2010.

1. ThePickler

ThePickler Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Pandora is my primary source of music when I have a wireless connection on my iPod touch. I will miss it when I go abroad this fall for a year.

I've read that Pandora only works in the United States. In addition to subscribing to the Pandora One service, I'd still like to listen to it wherever I am. Can this be achieved by subscribing to a United States VPN service so that I appear to still be in the U.S.?

And finally, is there an encrypted U.S. VPN service that you yourself have used and can recommend? It seems impossible to find a review site of any kind for paid VPN services that aren't in fact owned by one.
  2. LoSoul

LoSoul Guest

Same Q ... any A's ?

how did you go with that...?
    i am looking for a similar solution for the same problem.....

cheers.
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A US based VPN will get around the Pandora country check. There aren't many that are free that stay up for long so you're probably better off with a paid VPN. There's lots of services and I don't think it's up to the community to recommend any as they're all similar and it just comes down to bandwidth and price. I checked around for a bit and then just took the gamble and bought into one with US and UK nodes that I use on my PCs and iDevices.
  4. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Strong VPN or Express VPN are the best I have used.
  5. bucko

bucko New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i had this problem when i was stationed in germany i just used it on base and it worked but off base it did not.
  6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I use ibVPN to access Pandora. The service provides some good servers from different countries including US. http://www.ibvpn.com
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hotspot

Use Hotspot Shield, it works perfectly and it's free.
  8. JediPhone

JediPhone New Member

I use UKiVPN for this purpose and it works great.